red rash

Posted , 7 users are following.

hiya guys need a bit of advice im a fibro and arthritis and heart disease lady and ive suddenly devloped a  red itchy rash on my face neck and hands and my face feels like its on fire and its hot to touch we havent any sun so its not a heat rash as i hate heat i did try some vension sauges for first time yesterday although i only had half as found flavour to strong for me if anyone could give me any suggestions be really gratefull cherl

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cherl. It may be a reaction to the venison sausages.

I would see if your GP can fit you in today or if not ask can you have a telephone consultation.

You may need an antihistamine drug, but GP is definitely the way to go especially with all your other problems.

Take care. Gentle hugs

• Posted

Hi is the rash itchy or just a rash, have you had your Bllods checked recently do you have any auto immune problems or a family history of any. If not it's probably due to the hot weather 
  • Posted

Hi Cherl.  Could well be an allergic reaction, even if not the venison in the sausages could be one of the flavourings or additives.  It's been hot and humid recently (if you're in the  UK) so it might even be a heat rash of some kind.  Best thing is to take some like a piriton tablet and go see the doctor to get it checked out.
  • Posted

I agree with the other comments it could be a reaction to the sausages, If it was me I would seek advice from the pharmacist or your gp.I would try and get some help for it today if possibly can. hope it soon eases for you take care gentle hug 
    • Posted

hiya kaz

yep i will get in checked out soon and thanks to you and everyone for kind advice as for hot im in uk but scotland and its not that hot here well no where like england so not hot at all

many thanks

cherl

• Posted

your welcome its raining where I live in shropshire its cooled down to what it was thank goodness. hope your rash soon goes for you. take care
  • Posted

Hi Cherl

Its seems like it could be the venison sausages. Please go and see your GP for confirmation.

Take care and gentle hugs. wink x

• Posted

Hi Cherl

I had a similar rash. Ended up at the dermatology department of the local hospital. Is your rash photosensitive. Mine is - can't go out in sunlight or be under harsh strip lighting indoors (including dentist light when in the chair) without it burning and itching.   Been advised to wear factor 50+ and was told recently it was part of some of the strange weird and wonderful things fibro throws at us. Otherwise had it not been for the fingers and hands being affected would have got the rosecea diagnosis confirmed. Hope yours is just an allergic reaction - time will tell as always.  Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.