Red, smooth, shiny patches on penis (Pictures)

Posted , 29 users are following.

Hello. This has been going on for about a month and a half now. I first noticed it after masurbating, thinking I was too vigorous and tore the skin under the head of my penis a little. since then, several spots have form where the skin is smooth, very red, shiny and if left untouched it dries out and sheds like snakeskin. The original area has what looks like an open tear that is always a bit wet but doesn't sting like torn skin. None of the areas hurt, actually, though they can be itchy.

I first thought it was a fungal infection, which I've had before, and tried using Lamisil to clear it up, but after two weeks I'm seeing no results or improvment. I've also abstained from masturbating or having sex for about a month in case it was mere chaffing but also no improvment is happening. I don't think it's psoriasis or balantis, but I'd not rule those out. I'm positive it's not an STD as I was tested only three months ago and havent had sex of any kind in the time.

I'm unemployed and uninsured, not even Obamacare, so dropping a few hundred on a doctor visit isn't an option unless I absolutely need to. Anyone have an idea what this is?

I think I need to post some pictures to get a real answer. Aplogies if that wasn't actually allowed.

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I had this problem a few years back it looks the very same as what was wrong with me it turned out it was a touch of psorisas and when treated with steriod cream it went away good luck hope this helps.
  • Posted

Your photos could be mine but it hasn't affected anywhere beyound the area of my foreskin. Tried Miconozole with Fluconazole to no avail. Am just starting a steriod cream. Did you sort it out and if so with what?

Thanks

• Posted

I have the exact same thing!! Have any luck figuring out what it is and how to treat it?
    • Posted

Yes, Sorry I forgot what the name for the problem is but one of the suggestion I read was vitamin D cream (which is as rare as unicorns, expensive and unavailable where I live) the other was a Steroid cream Fluocinolone Acetonide Ointment that I was given at the V.A. hospital for a skin problem years ago and still had. I used it and it was gone in two days.
  • Posted

I have this and it's really been stressing me out. Like you I ruled out those other possibilities. It looks idental to your photos. Thanks for posting this.

• Posted

Hello Aelric

Went through your post and scrutinized the pics. They are so similar to mine. 2 years ago when my blood sugar spiked my doctor prescribed Clobetasol propionate Dermovate 500mcg/g Ointment and it healed after 3 applications. 3 weeks ago I had this again and applied the same ointment and it does not heal anymore and I came to this post searching for some answers until I see your pics and read the replies of denis and david and tried Fluocinolone acetonide Synalar 0.2% Cream and it healed after 2 applications. I have observed that this itchiness comes back when blood sugar is high

• Posted

Update us? How’d it go... I’m having th same problem and it looks very similar!
  • Posted

Hi Aerlic,

Let your infection be fought by beneficient microbes.

You can use yoghurt, sour creme or kefir for it.

If you want to try this, note that it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you use natural, fresh, biologically

active products instead of industrial ones bought in the supermarket. Those industrial one will not help you at all.

1. Yoghurt: try Greek or Turkish style thick yoghurt with 10% milk fats in it. Let your penis on covered in it the whole day and night, change it ca. 3 times a day.

2. Natural sour creme - apply the same way

3. Kefir: use fresh, self made kefir produced by living kefir grains. Produce the kefir from full-fat milk, the best would be goat or sheep milk.

By far the most effective of these is kefir, because of its content of at least 60 different strains of beneficial microbiota.

Any of these will alleviate your itchiness/pain within max. 2 days. Continue using it till it completely cures.

best regards,

gara

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

I've seen this posted for several things and for the life of me I can't figure out how I would keep my junk covered in yogurt or kefir for an hour let alone two days. Fluocinolone Acetonide Ointment proved itself once again on a friends psoriasis, gone in two days. 

• Posted

You folks are freaking me out!

I want to say am uncut, have *A* spot, fit all of what you guys are saying, but don't have any symptoms, go figure.

Spot disappears if I put any pressure on it, but it showed up a couple days ago. Since then, I have abstained from everything, and it has put a damper on my psychologically.

I am using Irish Spring soap w/charcoal, but spot did not show up until after I have been using soap constantly for a few days at the gym showers (before, it was just the gym soap).

What is freaking me out is that this may lead to some more surprises.

FYI- also posted this same reply to another thread, Fore skin Redness and Shiny Penis Glans. I am going commando now, applied some Witch Hazel, and cleaned up. I hope I don't have to see my regular Dr. because I am in the same boat (unemployed and uninsured).

• Posted

is there any update on this condition? I've been suffering from the same skin condition in the same location for over a year and need desperate help!

• Posted

Hi I had this issue since August. I used cortisone cream , Nystatin cream, and Lotrimin. nothing worked. after 3 months my Doctor decided to give me antibiotics for 10 days and on the 6 day it cleared up

• Posted

Hi all who are following this

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago I had the same thing for almost 3 months. red shiny and in some spots it looked like it was wet. I also noticed under neath the skin I had what seemed liked a swolen vain. I mentioned this to my doctor and he

said it may be some scaring going on.. So at that time since we tried numerous topical creams with no success we tried antibiotics and it worked. Now over the past 3 months I have been under a tremendous amount of stress. I suggest talk to your doctor if topical creams aren't working try antibiotics

• Posted

What Antibiotics were you given? I just started on antibiotics for mine and im on my 3rd day. the spots seem a little flatter and less dry/scaly but still very red. I'm hoping this means the spots are just healing, but i just want to know if you experienced something similar during your round of antibiotics.

• Posted

It was a 10 day dose and I started to see a difference on the 6th day cleared up by the 10th and no signs since

• Posted

do you know the name of the antibiotics? i have been treated for thrush, eczema, given steroid cream, tested for herpes and nothing has helped. would be keen to know what treatment you got so maybe it can help me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.