Red swollen vagina with discharge but no foul ofor

Posted , 4 users are following.

My vagina has been red and swollen for over a month now. It itches sometimes, urination is not painful and it doesn't have a foulscent to the discharge. However, it is driving me insane!! Please help!!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Please, does anyone know what's going on with me! Diflucan and Monistat didn't help!!

• Posted

You need to see a doctor who can do a swab to find out exactly what is wrong,so that you can be given the correct treatment. Are you in UK?  As Stacy has said it could be something to do with menopause if you are in the 50s age group or older.

Are you sexually active? Could it be a STD?  Dont put up with this any longer.

• Posted

I am not in the UK, and have not been sexually active in almost a year. I am 55 though; I also thought it could be menopausal.
    • Posted

I definitely think that is it. I'm 47 and i only have my ovaries left. I have the same symptoms as you have and its all part of menopause. You need to go see your gyno so he can do some lab work to do a menopause profile on you. It will tell you if you are in menopause and he can put you on the correct hormone and cream for the burning.

• Posted

One of my sisters is a breast cancer survivor. However, another sister died from pancreatic cancr. Therefore, my Dr's Are sceptical about giveing me hormone replacement drugs.

• Posted

There are organic supplements. Maybe that is another route you can take.
  • Posted

I've been reading a lot of ladies on this site having problems so I decided to give my experience in the hopes it will be of some help.   I had a similar problem to you (I'm 55) and I had all sorts of diagnoses from various doctors and nothing they prescribed helped.  Then I came down with gastro-enteritis and couldn't eat for around 5 days: and the horrible painful itching downstairs cleared right up!  That was my first clue that I was probably sensitive to some food or other.  I did an exclusion diet, slowly re-introducing different foods, and I found that one of the main triggers to the itch was whenever I ate potato!  I'd never even had a problem with it before, but it seems that as I've gotten older, I can no longer tolerate it.  I cut it out of my diet entirely, along with it's plant "cousins" - I found I get a painful itch if I eat any of the Solonacea family, including: potato, chilli, tomato, eggplant, capsicum (I believe they're also called bell peppers?) and tobacco. If I occassionally accidentally eat one of this diverse family, I find that an anthistamine can relieve the symptoms now I'm not overwhelmed by eating them every day.  I hope this helps you - best of luck!

Minamii 

• Posted

What a great suggestion from Minamii.  I know chillies and red peppers can give some people painful reactions,and I have recently found that i am allergic to Dairy produce after suffering weird outbreaks all my life. As you progress through the menopause and the oestrogen declines, your body has to adjust to a different chemical balance.   Food for thought for all us menopausal ladies. 
  • Posted

Latetha....did you ever find the cause for your problem? did you get effective treatment?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.