Redness on and near head of penis

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Started getting these red spots a couple days after having unprotected sex a month and a half ago. At first I thought it may have been teeth marks but now I am nervous as they came back. They are only clearly visible after having sex and they are not very painful or itchy. Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello eric, I recently had the same symptoms you are now having, red spots in the head and under my skin between head and base of the penis. After reading in several medical sites i realized it might be candida balanitis which seems very similar. However I was scared since some people told me it might also be herpes, but I was not itchy or painfull and the red spots never scattered. From this I started using Canesten cream overnight and 2 or 3 times a day, and after just 5 days the red spots were completely cleared. I can't tell you if your problem is the same as mine, but or you get diagnosed or you give canesten a try. Good luck buddy and please update any new.

• Posted

Thanks guys, been using the canesten cream for a couple days and i think its already helping

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.