Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been on 10mgms pred for 3months reduced to 9.5 mgms

this morning at 4am. Now what do I do on the very slow reduction

plan. Thank-you in advance

regards Caroline

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i have Eileen's Dead Slow and Stop which she provided.  

I was new to the forum where it was provided and can't remember how I came upon it.

Since Eileen is away, I'm sure Lodger can tell you how to find it in less time than it would take me to type it out with one finger on an iPad.

i am coming down from 20 to 19 but when I get to 15 I will begin the really slow reduction.  I was at 10 twice but had trouble getting to 9.

• Posted

Hello Caroline, there are various options including:

literally one day new dose, one day old dose for a month then stay on the new dose for a month then repeat with the next reduction.

or,

1 day new dose, 6 days old dose

1 day new dose, 5 days old dose

1 day new dose, 4 days old dose, continue down to 1 day new dose then 1 day old dose, then reverse the regime until you are on everyday new dose.

well done for getting to 9.5 and all the best with your reduction. Christina 

• Posted

Follow the link Oregonhohn has provided, the email the northeast

Subject heading Reduction Plans.   two plans will then be forwarded to you.  One Eileens and one devised by Lodger.   Both of us worked on the original plan from Ragnar (who lives in Sweden) and we tweaked them and found one or t'other worked.

• Posted

I just received the most informative booklet put out by 

PMR-GCA  UK  northeast.

i highly recommend it for anyone who has either or  both of these conditions.  It will prove to be a tremendous help. Pretty much anything you may want to know is contained in the booklet.  Very well done!

if you are interested just let it be known and someone will respond with ordering directions.

The name of the booklet is, "Living With PMR&GCA

i also received the DVD but haven't had a chance to look at it.

• Posted

do the gors slow dead slow method, i an reducing soon from 9mg to 8mg after my holsidays
    • Posted

Thank-you everyone for your input I will use the dead slow and stop

method. I am relieved that the first day went without incident. I started on

15mgms 19months ago and have struggled to get this far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.