regarding piturity gland disorders

Posted , 3 users are following.

Could you please tell me if I have had 2 brain scans 1 CT and 1 MRI would it show a piturity tumor x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hard to say. For me part of my diagnosis was an MRI scan (I didn't have a CT scan) and it did show my pituitary tumour.

For me it was that easy, my MRI scan was with a 'contrast' injection where they inject you with a substance which helps show the tumour on the scan.

Regards, Carl

• Posted

atahsnkd Carl I didnt have the one with the dye xx

• Posted

When I was first diagnosed I had an MRI scan, carried out without contrast dye, from that they diagnosed my pituitary Tumor and also told me what size it was. Over the years since 1996, I have had several MRI scans carried out, some with contrast dye. My Tumor was 5mm, with medication, bromocriptine, then cabergoline, it shrunk to 2mm. Further MRI scans I have been told show no change, so I assume it is still 2mm. I have an appointment with my endocrinologist in Dec next month and intend to enquire about size.
    • Posted

Thanks Kren  thats god to know I feel a ot easier now. Good luck to you for your future ,,,I am sorry they found you had tumors  xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.