Relentless Urge To Urinate w/ Bloody Tissue and Pain Read more: Relentless Urge To Urinate w/ Blood

Posted , 6 users are following.

I need help, because I can't afford to see a doctor. I am absolutely broke right now, and I'm surviving on a few dollars a week. I need to know if this is an absolute doctor/ER situation. Let me try and explain the situation at hand, the best way I can.

I was playing on my laptop to pass the time, and eventually I had to use the bathroom. It felt like a normal, urge to pee after relaxing for a few hours. So I thought nothing of it as I went to the restroom. (May I note that I had used the bathroom a few times previous in the day, and I felt fine.) I sat down and ya know' began to pee... and after I had finished, the urge to pee was still there. It was like my bladder never emptied. I tried to shrug it off and hope that the feeling would go away if I just continued with my day, but it didn't. The unrelenting feeling persisted. It was agony in the sense where you might be tickled on your side and there was absolutely nothing you could do to stop it no matter what. I felt as if I was on a road trip for 8 hours without a restroom and there wasn't going to be one for another 15 miles. I could 'literally' feel my bladder and urethra throbbing and pulsing inside of me.  -_- I was getting up and down since the feeling began, to use the bathroom, with not very much urine coming out because of the frequency of my trips. After the first few trips I realized there was a trail of blood at the bottom of the bowl.. and then when I wiped... So I was urinating a little bit of blood every time. At first I assumed it was maybe a random UTI? So I drank a bunch of water. I even drank water mixed with some baking soda (which is disgusting by the way). This agony persisted until I was so tired I could no longer keep my eyes open to fight the urgency. When I woke up a few hours later and went to pee, the aftershock of the event was painful. It felt kind of like the throbbing pain you'd experience after being punched really hard in the arm. Ever since this morning, my trips have been exactly like that. Peeing with throbbing pain afterwards that would eventually dissipate. No burning urine or anything like that. Just an uncomfortable pee with pain afterwards, with blood. However recently, I've been noticing clumps of bloody tissue.. As if something was tearing pieces of my urethra wall apart and sending them down the canal. I'm highly concerned at this point, and I'm not sure of what to think or do. Also, another new symptom... I can't turn the urine off... I can literally sit at the toilet and pee.. and then wait like 5 seconds and push a little more urine out, and then again 5 seconds later. This literally will continue for as long as I'm sitting on the toilet. Someone please explain to me what's going on. I am experiencing SO MUCH discomfort, and I really need the help!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, sorry to hear of your troubles. Have you been to the doctor to have a urine culture done to rule out UTI? Blood in urine is certainly not normal and if something is in fact going on, waiting may only make it worse. Now, if urine culture is clear, you need to consider the painful bladder condition, Interstitial Cystitis (IC). Many of the symptoms you are describing are common with IC but they are in the absence of infection. I absolutely would recommend you get in to see a doctor ASAP to get to the bottom of what's going on. Good luck.

• Posted

Go and see a doctor and don't jump to the IC diagnosis first.  If you have IC you have increasing pain when your bladder fills with the urge/ frequency but no infection.  It is diagnosed after everything else has been ruled out.

• Posted

Wow! I'm so saddened to read of your problems made worse by not being able to afford to go to a doctor.

Is it possible for you to go to a hospital emergency treatment centre in your country as you really do need to get this examined. It may be Gall Bladder troubles but I'm not a medically trained person.

I wish you well

• Posted

when there  is blood in your urine you need to see a dr. it is probably nothing serious maybe just an anti biotic needed but you should not leave it.
  • Posted

It sounds like a kidney stone.  It's been two days since you posted this - hopefully you are feeling better.  Sounds like you were passing it  - which, painful and annoying as it is, you are going to be fine.  Drink a metric ton of water to flush your system out - where there is one, there may be more working their way down. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.