Relief Finally! - Chiropractor

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a month into recover from my really bad vertigo attack and my PT recommended I go to a chiropractor.   After Xrays, turns out my 1st vertebrae is sticking up into the bottom of my skull!   After one adjustment, some of the lingering issue were decreased.    I have to go in once a day for a few days, but I really hope this will rid me of any symptoms once & for all!!

If you haven’t gone to a chiropractor yet, I highly recommend it!  

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm really pleased to hear thay you're on the mend. Will keep my fingers crossed that things continue to go well for you.
    • Posted

I never would've thought to see a chiropractor, because I never have any neck or back pain...... However the xrays show a different story and how out of whack things are...

I'm keeping everything crossed myself biggrin

• Posted

You've got me wondering whether I should see a chiropractor myself . I was told a number of years back that I have osteophytic lipping between the C5 and C6 discs. I have been in several car accidents in recent years and have always felt that there could be some kind of link between the vertigo and the things I've mentioned. I'm waiting to go for vestibular testing so thinkI'll wait until that's done first. Depending on what they tell me, the chiropractor might be worth a shot later on. Like you , I'm much improved after almost 3 months but still not in the clear by any means. Scared stiff it'll come backas bad as the first couple of months though.
    • Posted

It couldn't hurt!    I thought I had great posture & alignment....  How wrong I was.....

My neck is 90% "off course"....  The human head weighs approx 11.2lbs and with how mine is sitting, my neck/back/body thinks my head weighs 35lbs (based on physics)  So yes.  My Chiro thinkgs the 1st vertabrae caused my vertigo....Even if you have no pain, past accidents or injuries (even years ago) could still be present..

He had this great program, that showed how each vertabrai affects different oragns etc so now all of my isses (allergies, mentstral, digestive etc) are all linked up with my spine.  

• Posted

Amazing isn't it? Think it will be worth a trip in the next few weeks or so. Will let you know how I get on . In the meantime good luck with your continuing recovery.
    • Posted

Thank you!   Good luck to you as well =)

After my week of treatments are over, I'll post a final outcome.

• Posted

Hi Sarah - Ive had my dizziness three years now and having been diagnosed with silent migraine, Im convinced its not that and that its SCM damage.  If anyone reads this, google it, its all down to your neck.  I have text book symptoms and Im waiting to see a different consultant. I darent see a chiropracter because I have severe neck damage from a serious car crash and have prolapsed disc at C3.  I dont want it to get worse and chiropracters are not recognised as medical.  However, I have asked to see a medical equivalent.  Im positive my neck is my cause.  Why dont these ENT and GPs know more about this stuff.  Going to educate my neurologist on 13 august.  For anyone interested its a chiropracter in US who has written the article about SCM and the neck issues. Google it. 
    • Posted

Good luck!    I bet it has to do with your neck as well..   I know chiro's aren't considered medical, but I would go see one...   More and more doctors are realizing the benefits they provide.  

When I had my CT scan on my neck and head, I can't believe they didn't point out my first vertabrae!   It's as plain as day on the Xray my chiro showed me.

• Posted

Keep us informed please Sarah for as I have said from the beginning, one of the associated symptoms (for me anyway) has been a sore neck!. All the best and here's hoping, Jon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.