Remedies for dealing with first herpes outbreak?!?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have just gotten my first outbreak. I have been with the same guy for almost 2 years now. He thought he had an ingrown hair. Obviously it wasn't just that. Needless to say now I have herpes. It spreads from the front of my vagina all the way up my butt. I am in such extreme pain. I can't urinate well. And a BM is completely out of the question, i tried the other day and was actually in tears from it. Is there anything I can do to relieve the pain of having a BM? I have been taking as many Epsom salt baths as possible, am on 500mg of Valtrex twice daily and am using lidocaine on the lesions. Using the lidocaine is so painful I actually get nauseous trying to apply it. Someone please help me with any other remedies.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I need find out why we haven't found a cure, along with a foundation to stand on to push for a cure..this stuff sucks having.
  • Posted

Take ibuprofen for general pain relief and maybe eat dried fruit or similar to soften things up during BMs.There's not much more you can do than what you're already doing, but it does start to feel much better after the first week at least.
  • Posted

I would recommend taking a 500mg L-lysine tablet four times a day. Also L-lysine ointment can speed healing and ease the itching somewhat.
  • Posted

sudocrem all the way... doesn't burn when applying, takes the sting out of the OB, and speeds healing... has to be the original in the grey tub.

• Posted

Thank you all so much. Its slowly getting easier and better for me. Youve all been a great help. 😆
  • Posted

hello confidential,

sorry to hear about your first outbreak. i had also my first outbreak last week. it was very painful, every time i tried to urinate i was crying. i went to the hospital and i was diagnosed with herpes genitalis. the doctor gave me a nanti virus pill ( valtrex 500 mg) and another medication which  is used to treat the neuropathetic pain ( pregabalin lyrica 75 mg). My doctor told me to have some salt baths and betadine baths in order to feel better 

i hope you will be soon better! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.