Remicade & Joint Pain Specifically HIPS!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on remicade since September 2015 and in remission almost immediately after the first dose from Crohn's symptoms. I dealt with joint pain mainly in my feet when I was not active, for example, after sitting/sleeping/laying down for 30+ minutes my feet would ache and hurt. I went to my GI and a Rheumatologist about this and was told it was Crohn's related arthithis nothing rheumatic. After each infusion (every 8 weeks) I noticed my pain would subside in my feet and then come back around 6.5-7 weeks prior to next infusion. Fast forward to the most recent last two infusions my hips and feet have hurt SO bad a few hours after and the pain lasts for a few days and then comes and goes. Has anyone else experienced this? What did your GI tell you to do? I've been on humira prior to remicade and it almost killed me. In addition to remicade I'm on 6MP to help with antibodies.

Comments, suggestions, advice?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,I get aching legs  and git high blood pressure have been on the remicade since August last year.
    • Posted

Has your doctor suggested anything?? I also have high blood pressure since starting remicade.
    • Posted

Hi, the doctor has put me on 15mg Lisinopril tablets and i have high blood pressure clinic next month for tests too see if it is something else causing it.
  • Posted

I just had my 4th infusion and stopping.  My hips feet thighs hands hurt so bad I can't even walk up steps.  Horrible pain.  Also now have sinus bracycardia, sinus and bronchitis infection and can't live life me is.  Also bad headaches and it isn't even helping.  I am thinking I'm going to stop all this stupid medication and try the sulfa drugs again.  I know doc won't be happy but my quality of life sucks.  

Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.