Reoccurring Uti and groin pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone! I'm hoping I can get some type of relief and help from this. Through out the past year I have gotten a uti nearly every month. Nothing I do seems to keep them away. During feb of this year I started to notice random right sided groin pain, and swollen nodes in the back of my neck aswell. I mention all three symptoms, because I wonder if they are all affiliated to one specific thing. I have been tested for all of the bacteria stds and am always clean. My doctors believe the groin pain could be muscle related, as they have not seen nor felt swollen nodes there. Can someone please help! I work in the medical field, and lift people all day long, which could possibly contribute?! Maybe? Idk! Could this be pelvic related?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi have you been tested for Interstitial Cystitis?

This sounds like my symptoms only I can not afford to go to a urologist bc of no insurance, even though I was referred by my doctor. When u say u have these uti's do u actually go to the doctors and get tested to know for sure they are uti's? Is there actually any bacteria or is it just blood? Or ur not sure but definitely feels like a uti every month?

• Posted

A bit of both (in regards to how often I have the doc dip me). This past month I went and tested positive(bacteria) , they put me on Bactrim and I have yet to feel much better. Sometimes when I go in with symptoms of a uti, I still test negative for one... it always seems to happen whenever I am near my period aswell.
  • Posted

Hi Brittanie,

Sorry to hear of your suffering. Sounds like you have two different things going on there. Think the reoccurring utis probably don't have anything to do with the pain you have in your side. Have they thought to put you on a prophylactic dose of antibiotic to keep the infection at bay? Have you tried things like D mannose powder? More than likely your uti will be E. coli, so maybe will help you. Have you been in touch with the COB foundation? They are amazing and will offer you some good advice.

Wish you all the best.

Sam x

• Posted

Thank you Sam! And no I have not tried any of these things? What are the pros to the mannose powder?
  • Posted

Let us know what happens please if u get a diagnosis. My hospital is going to do the microscope to my bladder next month. I've been getting uti's off an on since last year of November. I feel it gets worse closer to my cycle as well or if I'm ovulating. I say I have what feels like s uti 2-3weeks out of the month. Two weeks ago went in an was for sure I had a uti but it was just blood so I tested negative for uti an I couldn't see no visible blood. Today went in for uti an tested positive, I've been on bactrum, Nitro, cephalexin, ciproflexin and now leboflaxin. This has been off an on for a whole year an the only thing that has kept me from going crazy is taking tramadol for pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.