Rep phone call

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi I got a call this morning to check the dates of my last op and the guy said I have been awarded pip but he needs to check if the start date is when I had op or when condition started and I will then receive letter.has anyone else had experience of this and how long does letter take 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had this call last week (Friday) I took it to mean that someone was working on my case and that a decision would happen soon. I called on Monday and was told it had. Ive just received my letter today, the guy said 7-10 days so yours shouldn't be long smile.

• Posted

Thanks jodie may I ask is ur case similar and did you get back pay from when condition started or when you had op. Mine is something I was born with but I have just got on with it until last year when it really started effecting my life and have recently had second op to try and help with pain 
    • Posted

I was diagnosed with ms in 2012 and recieved no pip for mobility until I applied for it this year as my condition has worsened. I am on long term drugs that have stabilised it but not to the extent of having decent mobility. I received my back pay today also, to the date that I made them aware of my change in June. I should really have notified them earlier but you live and learn! I hope it works out for you.
  • Posted

Hi Alison Usually the start date is from when you make the application or report a change of circumstances. If you applied when the condition started then that's the marker for the back pay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.