Rest pain and k tape

Posted , 6 users are following.

I suppose rest pain in the wrists and hands is quite diagnostic /typical of RA? Also does anyone have experience of using K tape for covering wrapping joints?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I use KT tape all the time... I do roller derby and use it on my knee's. We have practice on Sunday and Monday, so I use it quite often. It's great support, you will have to watch the YouTube videos on how to our it on, that's how I learned. But it does help a lot for the type of activity that I do.

• Posted

yes, but those spints you can get that have a metal brace inside, are better.  They allow your wrist to rest in the best position, while immobalizing it.  Especially good at night when they ache.
  • Posted

Hi,

Before I got diagnosed with RA, my ankles were always sore when I would exercise and I didnt know if I was overdoing myself or not. Long story short, my boyfriend got me K tape cause it was so bad I could barely walk at all. It would also ache when I would just lay down.

I noticed with it on, I could do a little more walking with it and could lay comfortably.

Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.