Resting heart rate/low heart rate

Posted , 7 users are following.

Do any of you have a rate rate below 60? Like when you are feeling good or are resting? Mine is like 56 to 60 sometimes especially when first waking up! Is this normal?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Just checked mine while sitting here and it is 52. Mine is always low like this unless I'm doing things. I wear a watch that tracks heart rate too and while sleeping it usually goes down to 48 or even 45 sometimes. I'm a 40 year old male. I've always had a slow heart rate and so does my mother.

• Posted

No. Used to play hockey but that was twenty years ago. I am fairly slim though at about 5'10" and 150 pounds. I stay pretty active with my job but I don't exercise. On my activity tracker I usually average about 10,000-12,000 steps a day.

• Posted

Dear billie

A heart rate of below 60 at rest is termed bradycardia. Unless it is producing other symptoms thay cause concern they don't usually treat it.

My cardiologist said anything above 50 should be ok.

Mine has been as low as 43.

I am seeing a cardiologist again in a week or so to discuss this...will post what he says

Gap

• Posted

I felt much better when my heart rate was in the 40's than now that it is in normal range since having had a pacemaker fitted. The pacemaker kicks in when the rate goes below 60bpm.and my average now is between 70 and 80.

When I had my pacemaker fitted another patient had happily lived with a heart rate of 26bpm that was only discovered when he went to have a hip replacement.

• Posted

Age Group 36-45

Resting heart rate 50-56bpm is classed as Athlete,

57-61bpm is classed as excellent. My resting Heart rate can be 61-56bpm when in bed as the Heart naturally slows, and when doing light duties can be anything from 69-77bpm. Which is classed in the resting range or so I thought, I once took my heart rate whislt resting and it was 83bpm.

I started to panick which of course increased the rate, so me being paranoid took myself to A+E. and after bloods, ECG, X-ray and listening and monitoring my heart rhe found nothing. They asked why I brought myself to A+E I told them of my concern at my resting Heart rate, to which rhe cardiologist said why, I said because 83bpm is high. For the cardiologist to shoot me sown with, a Resting heart can beat between 60-100bpm. A slow heart rate or resting heart rate (with no health issues) is signs of a good healthy heart.

I'm 50 and my heart rate can range from 56 to 77+

At rest and light duties. So you should be fine health permitting ?🖒

• Posted

I see several have responded saying they have lower heart rates.. Mine is 43-44 when resting and gets up to say 130 when running.  So they are always careful when prescribing diltiazem or bisoprolol in combination with Flecainide as it slows the heart to 30 which is truthfully too slow.  --I'm 66.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.