Restless leg

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi dies anyone suffer restless leg syndrome? Does amitriptyline help?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Morning

yes I suffer with restless legs but don't find amitriptyline helps

i use kalms, one tablet half hour before bed

they are herbal and smell disgusting but I find they work for me

hope this helps

• Posted

yes I also have it very bad I take gabapentin and nortriptaline. this works very well for me.
  • Posted

Hi Heather; yes, Restless Leg Syndrome is another symptom of Fibro.  Many of us have this problem, and the only 3 things that I have found effective, is 1) taking Magnesium supplements, 2) taking 2.5 - 5 mgs of valium of a night, and 3) wearing TED stockings (or support stockings) to bed.  I feel the 3rd aid is actually the best, as it helps with our blood circulation, and althought "blood circulation" has never been mentioned as a symptom, it has become a Necessity for me to get any rest.  Even if I lay down during the day, I need to wear these on my legs, as I find that within an half hour or so, my legs become numb. 

?I have not trialled the other suggestion, Kalms, but it,  too,  may be of assistance.:  all worth trying.      good luck,      Bron

• Posted

Taking magnesium at night has helped me greatly with this. So has taking Epson salt and baking soda detox baths (take 1-3 times a week). The pain and twitching used to wake me at night but now I am able to sleep most nights.
  • Posted

I too have RLS I use ropinirole. Haven't had any problems for over 4 months since starting it. 

• Posted

Hi Heather. Yes I do suffer from really bad restless leg syndrome. Most of my pain occurs at night anyway. This fibro is just toooo much. Does anyone ever feel like the same exact areas are being attacked? It's always my chest EVERY DAY! I have pain any and every where at times but my chest is constant. Anyone else like this?

• Posted

I have chest pain daily too. Sometimes I worry it is not fibro but all the tests come back negative for heart problems
  • Posted

Amitriptyline does not help. Ropinerole is excellent. Been on it for about 3 years. Only suffer with restless legs if I forget to take it
    • Posted

Hi Heather.

No side effects that I am aware of other than if taken on an empty stomach you feel sick! The dose sets off at 0.25mg (I think) and is raised slowly until you feel relief. I have been on 2mgs for years. Best thing ever to sleep with quiet legs!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.