Restless leg syndrome with neuropathy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

For the last year I have been sufferinf from what, in January, was diagnosed by a neurologist in UCL as Restless Leg Syndrome. I had a brain scan and a MRI but these did not show any relevant symptoms. The diagnosis was slightly reluctant as I suffered from a lot of pain in my legs. I was prescribed dopamine agonist drugs Pramipexole, Ropinirole and Rotigotine but I could not tolerate any of them. I am now on 1800 mg of Gabapentin plus 200mg of Tramulief, Sadly the pain is getting worse. The tablets help. I do have the classic RLS symptoms but most RLS sufferers do not seem to have the pain. Recently I have started to have spasms as I try to sleep. I would be very interested in whether anyone else has similar symptoms. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you ever had a Doppler ultrasound to check on blood flow to legs?
    • Posted

No-perhaps the neurologist will suggest this when I go back on 19th July
  • Posted

I do I have the rls and nurapathy in both legs they hurt day and night
    • Posted

When I saw the Professor on Tuesday he suggested that the severe pain I was experiencing as unlike anything that he had seen so he suggested that it was stress related! He is and adherent to the ideas expressed by Suzanne O'Sullivan in her book "It's all in the head". He said this in part because DAT scan and MRI scan had shown nothing wrong. I got him to agree with me that RLS cannot be clinically proven but he is a bit obstinate. He wants me to have a nerve conduction test and a E M G. Also a sleep study but he was less interested in that. I see him again in 4 months. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.