Restless legs

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am trying iron and magnesium supplements at the moment although I am on. Ropinirol.

I have found that 5mins on the power plate at the gym to be really helpful. 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Locin,

I use 400 mg of magnesium a day, but have never heard of a power plate ..what is it and how does it work? Would a wheelchair user be able to use a power plate?

Thank you!

judith

• Posted

I am using iron and magnesium supplements now plus the power plate.

Not sure if pp is suitable for a wheelchair user. Try asking a local gym?

PP is a vibrating platform - time and intensity are variable

• Posted

I'm adding magnesium and iron as well to ropinerole.  Will see...

• Posted

Looks like we are on the same path

Good luck

• Posted

Hi everyone

I find that keeping my legs warm really helps. Not just at night, but all day. At night I sleep on a Sunbeam heated mattress pad beneath the topper pad. I use it on 1-2 in the summer too. Sure is nice to put my legs into a warm bed.

warm hugs

judith

• Posted

Thanks for the tip Judith - think I could try a pair of thermal trousers or even Damart long johns

keep smiling

Nic

• Posted

Hi Locin what form of iron do you take and what time of day?  As crazy as it sounds, unless I take ferrous bisglycinate on an empty stomach (away from other supplements) before bed it does nothing for my RLS. In other words if I take the iron in the morning it does nothing for my night time RLS,
    • Posted

Ferrous Citrate normally at breakfast 
    • Posted

Locin, how has the RLS been treating you these days?
    • Posted

I am on 2mg of Ropinirol 

iron supplement 4 times a week

magnesium daily late evening

rls is well controlled 

still looking to reduce ropinirol dose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.