result of HSV2 or Hemorrhoid

Posted , 3 users are following.

in December near Christmas, I was diagnosed with HSV 2 based on lesions around my anus.I was also told I had an internal hemorrhoid. I was treated with acyclovir pills and cream. The lesions and symptoms went away within a week. Since then, I have visited my PCP and am on daily suppresive therapy, 500mg Valacylovir once daily. My PCP also stated he believed my hemorroid was external not internal base on the type of examination the initial doctor did. Its been about a month since my orignal diagnosis and no new outbreaks. However, two weeks after my recovery from my initial outbreak, I tried anal sex with my boyfriend using a condom. He first used a glove to inspect for any signs of my hemorrhoid but couldnt feel or see anything. After a while it began to hurt and sting so we stopped and realized I was bleeding. I've waited about three more weeks and have stuck to staying hydrated drinking lots of water and taking a fiber supplement daily, eating high fiber foods and my stools have been pretty smooth without pain. Today I decided to try anal play again with a medium sized didldo. Again after a few minutes, I began to feel a little sting, not as bad as the first time. And after cleaning up, I noticed there was blood. Again, not as much as the initial time. However, after feeling inside my anus trying to find the source or the blood, I could not feel a hemorrhoid, but as I ran my finger along a rather smooth area of skin, I felt a little stinging. My question is, is this related to the HSV 2 at all? Or could it simply be the hemorroid taking a long time cure. Emotionally, I have overcome the stress of being diagnosed with HSV-2 and have come to terms with it. But now I am anxious at the thought of never being able to engage in anal sex again. Any advice or tips? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What made you think you had herpes and did they test you.
    • Posted

Yes. The lesions were very obvious to be HSV 2. And when I followed up with my PCP, he ran blood work and showed I was positive for HSV 1 and 2 using the IGG test. IGM came back negative. He also said because the lesions disappeared when I began taking the acyclovir, that that also confirmed it. 
    • Posted

Ok I've had external hammaeroids after a baby and they never bled

• Posted

Better to have been swabbed if you had lesions. The next time you feel sore, perhaps you can ask for a swab. If it's herpes related, you should swab positive. If you swab negative, then your soreness is presumably something else and you can ask to have it further examined.

• Posted

Did you get my pm. I know I keep messaging lol. You are just so knowledgeable.

My bum is sore like feels bruised and I keep getting dead feeling in my leg and foot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.