Results are in

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there,

Ok I spoke with my doctor and I have a consult with her next week to go over options of removing them. The largest is 6cm.

Is surgery the only way she will remove these or are there other ways?

I don't bleed at all, because the birth control pill I am on doesn't give me much of a cycle. I am on this because my cycles were getting worse and heavy I needed to do something. Now I'm wondering if being on this is hindering me by NOT bleeding and if it's contributing to the bloat I have too.

Does anyone else feel full after eating just a few bites or is this just me?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Depending on the fibroids, you may be able to have uterine fibroid embolisation. I have fibroids larger than that, and I was told I was a candidate for the procedure, despite their size.

It turns out that I have to have a hysterectomy because an MRI showed that I have a rapidly growing pedunculated fibroids with possibly cancerous cells, but UFE might be OK for you.

Another option could be myomectomy.

• Posted

I am sorry to hear about your news. Keep positive. I know these are just words but I'm a glass half full kinda girl. When do you go in for your hysterectomy?

I will say a prayer for you that all goes well.

Will you please keep me/us posted. I'd like to know how you're doing.

Thank you for your suggestions!!

I will research these.

And thanks for the smile. I love your name Astropuppy!! smile

• Posted

Hi. I am scheduled for my hysterectomy Monday the 20th. Still waiting for my appt for pre-opp assessment.
    • Posted

Please let me know how you're doing once you are home and feeling better. I wish you good luck with your procedure.

I'm sure the waiting isn't easy.

• Posted

Mine also started at around that size but grew to 11cm. I was given Esmya as pre op drug and they shrunk back down, then had a myomectomy. 

I had this full sensation also and was bloated, making me look pregnant. Like you say when eating used to feel SO full.

Post myomectomy i am still swollen due to the surgery.

Can i ask what birth control you are on , as i am debating going onto this as the myomectomy did not go well and a fibroid remained which will probably cause me to bleed heavily and would love to live life with no periods

• Posted

I am on LO LOESTRIN FE 1-10. Never get a peiod or only spotting on the rare occasion!!

I feel bad the myomectomy didn't work. That's terrible, what will they do for you next?

Whatever the doctor and I discuss, I personally want these gone for good the first time around. Again, I have no idea about any of this but will absolutely know more next week.  I wanted to do some research so I can ask questions as well. 

What I am scared of most is not being able to have a baby, but that is a totally different story. 

• Posted

Unfortunately, I think the only thing that can make them gone for good is a hysterectomy; as long as you are premenopausal and have a uterus, they can grow back.
    • Posted

That is true, a hysterectomy would remedy the situation. I think this scares me some.
    • Posted

Thanks I'll write that one down for when i get to see the consultant. But its a combined pill with estrogen which i thought would not be so good as estrogen feeds the fibroid. 

I was told would have to go on progesterone only pill, but when i researched the side effects did not sound good so decided agaisnt it. 

• Posted

My doctor mentioned maybe changing mine. I don't have any side effects from it, but everybody is different and I completely understand that. I hope you find the right one. smile
  • Posted

Hi,

Like you I was on the pill due to heavy and prolonged periods. I took the pill for 5 months without a break so I would not have a period. I came off them early october and three days later the heaviest and most painfull period of my life started and did not stop for over twenty day. I wasnt just heavy, its was explosive flooding. I wore the largest tampon and pad together and every 20-30 mins they needed changing. I had to carry spare trousers to work because not a day went by when i was lucky enough to wear just the one. I was crying every single day from my misery. On the ultrasound my fibroid measured 4 cm but was in the worst position possible in my uterus and prevented the walls from contracting so I just kept on bleeding.

I saw a surgeon specializing in fiberoid removal via laparoscoy (minimal invasive surgery). I wanted to keep my uterus and also try for a baby in the next year. The only solution to my problem was surgery. He said there are pills available that could partially stop the bleeding and sometimes shrink the fibroid but if I wanted to become pregnant in the near future this method would not be a solution. Also there are other non invasive surgical methods to remove the fiberoid but these could damage my uterus permanently.

I elected fiberoid removal by laparoscopy mid november. I was put on progesterone only pills to stop or lessen the bleeding two weeks prior the surgery. My surgery lasted less than 40 mins, the original fiberoid was in fact 5.5cm and during the surgery they found 5 more fiberoids outside the uterus which were too small for the ultrasound to pick up on and removed those too. The surgey recovery was great, within the hour I managed to use the loo and even eat that same day. I had no affects from the general anesthesia (90% people usually do) and went home after three days. Total recovery time back to normal self was 1 week. I have three 1/2 inch scars, one in my belly button and the other two in my lower bikini area which will probably fade and are not visible when wearing a bikini anyway.

One my two month post surgery follow up, my gyno discovered a new 1.3cm fibroid growing but said it was in a position that should cause no worry. 6 days later I fell pregnant and now 3 months pregnant. On my last ultrasound they could not locate the fibroid. The dr said usually pregnancy causes fiberoids to shrink or disappear.

Thats my story. I highly recommend laparoscopic surgey. I will do it again should these nasty creatures ever return.

• Posted

What  a happy story. Wish you well with the pregnancy.
    • Posted

congratulations dear...so happy to read u got pregnant after all the stress.

just completed my 3months dose on esmya 1st of april and waiting to see my doctor on the 28th and fingers crossed cos i want to get pregnant too and hope dey are all shrinked cos i have two fibroids with size 6 and 3. and no periods since feburary till date.

i also want an happy ending.biggrin

• Posted

Hi. My dr. had mentioned esmya to me and he said it stops the bleeding and could shrink them but to get pregnant i have to stop taking them and the nonstop bleeding would return again so these pills were useless for my needs. Also the dr. said if the fibroid becomes to soft from the pills them then they are harder to remove. Didnt really understand why but as I just wanted them out of my body I elected surgery and was not interested in taking pills as I was worried how they would affect my cycle in the short term future as I wanted to get pregnant within the year. (Im not exactly a spring chicken!!!)

Btw, even if you shrink them there is also the risk that they will start to grow again between the time you are trying to get pregnant and concieving which means baby and new enlarged fibroid will be in competition for survival and space in the womb. Best speak with your dr and get their opinion. Wish you all the best I am sure you will be ok as fiberoids can be dealt with its just depends on how much time you want to give towards this issue.

• Posted

good to hear from u helen,will discuss with my doctor on wat next to do and will keep u posted.Hoping for a good news soon. congratulations once againbiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.