Posted , 7 users are following.

Diagnosed in October

My RA factor was 275

Obviously marked high on the test

How does this compare with others ?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Mine was 277 and ccp antibody was >250. It's only measured to 250, so not sure on exact number as it was higher than that.

• Posted

Mine comes back at Zero much to the rheumo's suprise. 

But ESR 77 and CRP in the high 30's, good for me is ESR in the 20's and CRP high teens, no where near normal which is why the rheumo continues to see me, I am seen in the public system in Australia, and rheumo would discharge me as she has such a long waiting lists to be seen, but no suggestion of discharge.

My Psorasis arthiritis genetic test even came back as NOT THAT either.

But she tells me no question I have some type of rheumo going on, with swollen joints, lack of movement in joints.

Osteo Athritis in hip joints, both replaced last one two years ago.

Knees have now given it away as well, but cannot get referal the ortheopedic surgeron until it gets to severe, high moderate currently, so will be on pain killers for a while yet.

Arthritis of lower spine, almost every joint in my body showing damage, some more than others.

I am 65, 66 this year so expect some damage, but I am lucky or unlucky with my family or genetics, brother and uncle also have arthritic knees and hips, many in extended family, incl distant cousins, with replacement joints.

• Posted

Hi everybody, my RA factor was in the 700s and my crp was in the high 60 s and the anti ccp was in the 400s.  I have severe RA. That was the beginning and about a year ago after Remicade quit working the factor was in the 400s and the anti ccp was about the same. I have had RA 4 yrs. now, not much change. Jo
  • Posted

Apologies if this is a daft question, but how do I find my RA factor?Is this measured on a normal blood test? I can't see it in the book we get given in the UK?

• Posted

Hi Chris. Just read your post. If you think that was a daft question you asked, what about this one? What book do you mean you've been given in the UK? I've never been given a book and had RA nearly 30 year. And I I've no idea what a rheumatoid factor is. I'm afraid all these RA factors and CCP or CPP CPR or whatever they are are over my head completely. How can a number tell me how much pain I'm in or suffering? Is anyone else out there like me completely in the dark? Seems as though technology has passed me by.still, I get by I suppose. Thanks for the info any. Think I'll ask bout book at next appointment. Take care, all the best.

• Posted

Hi Ian. It's a booklet rather than a book, only relevant if you are on Methotrexte.

It's titled NHS Methotrexate treatment update 2006. I was given it when diagnosed by my RA Doc last year, but If you Google it you'll find a copy online.

Blood test results etc get written in it every time I have one.

Hope that helps!

• Posted

Hi Chris.

Thanks for that. Least I know what everyone is talking about now. I was beginning to get a complex about not knowing anything 😋. Think I'll get on the Google thing try to keep up to date. Cheers,Ian.

• Posted

We are hoping to have a kid so I've come off methotrexate and started /sulfasalazine. I take it daily and hope it's effective

This disease is a horrible thing to get and the lack of information or a cure is very frustrating

• Posted

Hi there i am 19 years old and was diagnoised back in june last year. My RA factor was 50 and my ccp >250. Hope you arnt in to much pain.

Take care x

• Posted

Yes unfortunetely i am quite young. It gets very fustrating as i can not do what most girls my age do. Also, i have always been extremely atheletic and kicking and catching the ball at times can get difficult. But i would have to say the most difficult thing is trying to work with pain. I feel very useless not being able to work. I loved working, and being so tired all the time and sore makes it hard.

I am on 20mg of methotrexate weekly by injection, and also take 2xs 200mg plaquenil daily with megafol 5. I will be moving to biological drugs soon as have very little improvement. Hopefully they help fingers crossed.

Take care z

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.