Right sided facial pain, swollen glands. Advice please!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, wondering if anyone could please give me advice or if anyone has experienced anything similar?

Briefly the symptoms are:

- sunburn feeling all across back (which comes and goes)

- swollen tonsils (initially right side only, left followed)

- swollen lymph nodes on neck (right side)

- pain in ear, head, jaw and neck (right side)

- toothache (right side) (recent dental appt showed all is well)

- fatigue

- periods have become irregular over last few months

- itching all over (comes and goes)

The pain became quite bad that i ended up taking the max dose of paracetamol every day, so went to the doctor. He said it was a viral thing and no sign of infection. Gave me stronger painkillers. I have been taking these every day for over a week now. They take the worst of the pain but its still there. Try to go without, but the pain is unbearable.

Ive had enough of the constant pain, its pretty tiring.

I dont want to go back to the doctor just to be told im wasting time.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have alot of these symptoms also. I have been to a doctor 3 times and all I get is its a virus. My first visit I was given an antibotic which really helped with the gland swelling and ear and jaw pain. About a week after I was done with the antiboitic my symptoms came back. I went back to the Dr. again and was given predisone for the swelling and told it was a virus. The 3rd time was a wash its still a virus it will go away. so I have been getting extra rest, applying heat packs at night to my neck and ear. I take a decongestant during the day and antihistamine at night (help me sleep). I put an ice pack on my chest and back about an hour before I go to bed to help with the sunburn feeling. These only make the symptoms a little more bearable they don't cure anything. Like you I really don't want to go running back to the doctor so I guess I will wait it out. My symptoms have bee going on now for 7 weeks, pretty long virus ! Sorry I don't have any good answers for you but hang in there maybe someone else will shed some light on this situation
  • Posted

Hi Sara,

Don't know if you've solved your issue yet? I've got swollen lymph nodes myself for months so I was doing some research. I think you should persue further medical advice especially due to your itching symptom. Lymphoma suffers have swollen glands and itching so maybe just get a second and third opinion. Best wishes to you - and hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi did you ever find out what was wrong...I have similar issues with no answer...hope you are better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.