right sided pain diverticulitis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone get this type of pain with d.v low pubic pelvic region toward hip on right. It makes me feel nauseous. I thought you can only get it on left. Anyone else

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria ,i get it on the right side very close to my right hip which makes the hip sore yet i was diagnosed with multiple diverticulosis on the left,I am managing it quite well now but get little flareups now and again when i eat the wrong things.Most people recommend not to eat seeds ,nuts and skins but none of these bother me and i happily eat dried fruit like prunes and sultana 's which add to my fiber intake and keep things moving aswell as lots of water,hope this helps.
    • Posted

Thank you so much.. Yvonne very interesting that your dv is on left. They just told me dv never said where. Ist attack years ago was left but last 2 on right and of course I worried. Had pelvic ultrasound and all clear.
  • Posted

I get most of my pain and discomfort on the right side.  sometimes feels like my appendix is bursting.  it can travel right around to my back.  It's only when I get a bad flare up that I feel the pain on my left.  I'm the same way about eating.  only thing that seems to really get me going is steak.  Just eating the tiniest of pieces can mess me up for a week.
    • Posted

Hi Sunni,

Im quite well at the moment but yes i only get little  pulsating type pains on my right side unless it gets worse then i get it on my left.Red meat is a no no for me and things with alot of sugar in like puddings,i made my own apple crumble sunday and that same night i had alot of rumblings and needed the toilet twice.Im ok with skins,seeds etc,i eat lots of apples,bananas,prunes and have no problems at all,infact they help to keep things moving,i also take lepicol from Holland & Barratt which contains probiotics which is very good . 

• Posted

I know when I was having pain it was mainly on the left side but my doctor was asking me if I was feeling pain on my right side. Not sure but please have it checked out if it's a pain that's unbearable and the nauseousness continues. Hope you feel better
  • Posted

Yes three weeks ago emergency admission cat scan and repair to hole and drain etc. 15 days later again right painemergency

admission, cat scan more infection. Operated on and a hole in

section of large bowel. Removed and colostomy

• Posted

Hope you are feeling better soon,its a horrible desease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.