Rituximab

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone on this? Need some feedback. Just started it. Thank you!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I am about to have my third round of rituximab( 2 infusions 2 weeks apart) it has made a world of difference to me, but seem to need it every 6 months as they suggest. My rheumy nurse said someone they treat hadn't needed the next round until 5 years later! So again everyone s different. No side effects whatever. Hope it is successful for you too.

• Posted

I did the 2 infusions , 2 weeks apart, and repeated that  6 months later, as is the standard protocal. It was a little hard, as I could not take the faster infusion the second time, when they try to speed it up so it doesn't take 6 hours.

Between the solumedrol and benadril, I was a bit knocked out for a few days. . . .

Unfortunately for me, it did nothing. But my Doc's other patient felt so well, that he forgot his next appointment!!\

So, who knows. Try. . . I hope it works for you. .

Now that I also have Sjogrins , I was considering trying it again, but can no longer tolerate any steroids--I've just had more than my lifetimes worth. Maybe I should get a lifetime achievemnt award for steroid endurance. . ?

I now have cataracts and osteoporosis.

Good luck!

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. I didn't have serious probs with infusions just headaches for few days. I hope you find the right drugs for you. It is hit and miss I guess. I have been and am on so many. I relied on steroids for a long time and decided to come off them. I now want to just see if I get any better with rituximab and steroids would just hide any improvement so I will just endure the pain! Take care.

• Posted

Thanks, Sherry. I went on to Orencia, which worked well, but--I got so many upper respriatory infections that my doc finally took me off. I was doing pretty well with just adding Sulfasazline to my MTX, but now, with the stress of caring for my mom with Alzheimer's and no help from family and frineds, I think the stress may be making my disease worse.

I don't know what I'll do, but hopefullyh won't get too much sicjer.

Thanks!

Barbara

• Posted

It must be tough for you. I do believe trauma can bring on RA. I guess you are in America as you say 'mom'. Are you getting assistance from anywhere? I hope you are.

Sherry

• Posted

Yes, trauma can definitely trigger the genetic tendency to get RA. It did me, mine.
    • Posted

Well here if you are a carer there is a lot of help you can get. I know this is the case but I don't have any experience of it. That's why I wondered where you were. It may be different elsewhere.

• Posted

Very interesting. . . .even my sisters won't help me. I am living in my mom's house and they are making a big deal out of her property taxes, which comes to less than the amount a carer would be paid in the UK!!

Very helpful.

Thanks. And good luck!

Barbara

• Posted

Yes. On my second round. Doing me great. No side effects.

What do you want to know?

• Posted

Just that is enough thanks. Just trying to gauge what percentage of people get good results. Not everyone does. Thank you!
    • Posted

I was on Actemra a few years ago and had bad side effects to that, so my rheumy waited to put me onto another biologic and that has been Rituximab and it's done me proud!

• Posted

Music to my ears! Do you know how long it took to kick in? I have heard of some getting relief almost immediately and others up to 3 months. I don't want to start on preds again as I won't know if rituximab is working. Its hard to believe something is going to actually resolve this hell. Thank you!

• Posted

It took about six weeks. They say anything between two and 8 weeks.

Hope it works for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.