Rock bottom!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Why do I even bother some days?  I get out of bed it goes ok for a while then someone ruins it?  Today is the final straw, this ptsd has nearly wrecked my marriage, broken my spirit and is going to split a long standing friendship.  The hospital appointment has left patches in my marriage again today.  Every time I try to find some happiness someone beats it out of me.  He's won.  My life is in tatters and this low-life who wrecked my pshcye has beaten me once again.  I hate having to live with any of this.  I give up!  I am so upset and speechless, I don't even want to go home.  I hate myself, my friends and family and anyone who has children, I'm sick of feeling like this, why can't I be given some hope?  Please send me some hope god knows I could do with some!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi Sam, 

i am am sorry you are feeling like this, what has happened at the appointment that has affected you so much ? There is hope, always hope but a bit more understanding is needed 

• Posted

Hi Lorraine after so many months of trying to get him out of my head and trying for children we discover we've been lied to by our hospital consultant!  The appointment we had this afternoon didn't explain WHY we couldn't have children and the woman we spoke to was blase, cliched and flippant.  I don't need technical information, I need TRUTH! 
    • Posted

Hi Lorraine, I just feel so low at present it's going to take a miracle to pull me out of this situation.  I have contacted the patient liaison service and made a fierce complaint.  I don't want to give up and netiher does my partner but what's the point if you're told you virtually have been written off?  I am as low as I can be, I have appointments all over the holidays but now discover one of them is with the idiot we saw yesterday and the other one is with ent at the hospital because like I discovered today I was told in no uncertain terms that my teeth weren't causing the pain in my face to discover today my dentist has lied.  I am getting to the point where I can't trust health professionals as they keep not telling me the truth.  I have asked for my dental appointment to be pulled forward as I'm in pain to discover this about my teeth today!  What was the point in my doctor's battling to get me in to ent when my dentist got this so wrong?  I am about as fed up as you can get.  Is anyone ever going to give me hope or tell me the truth?  I thought I was doing the right thing following all the health professionals advice but I don't even know what is true anymore!  I could cry then scream I'm so confused and upset!
  • Posted

so what is your next step then, obviously you want the truth about what's happening. Do you have the contact details for PALS they are patient support when you feel that you are not getting the correct service. Please don't give up on not being able to have children until you have exhausted every avenue, many ppl ( myself included) are told this but then after different treatment routes and investigations I am pleased to say that we did have children ( not straight away and it had complications ) but we got there.

its so important that you get the correct advice. Have you gone home now ? Are you safe ?

• Posted

I have been to at least 5 doctors. Would you believe one said I had a bipolar disorder and then after two years he asked me to write an article about him how good he was for the local newspaper.. Another two years went by, and had I a reaction to a med. I hold him that is it. He threw everything off his desk and upened up one drawer and started throwing papers out of it while yelling the top of his head. Thenext doctolr said I had Obsessive Compulsive Disiorder because I kept mentioning my son. My wife lived her. The latest one finally said I had High anxiety and Panic disirder caused by a son who had been violent since age 10. When he wa 31 and still in the house I chased him out wit a Polics Taser to the shoock of my wife! Now I am on Clonazepam, and Paxil. At one time I was on Marajuana at night, because all of these violent eventts would not leave my brain. It all disqappeared , but I still take the meds.  I also met a soldier that had been in Afganistan on two tours of duty and was discharged withPTSD.. I convinced him to get on a bowling leqague and spens as much time at the bowling alley so that he would be around people.

One doctor gave me taqblets forOsteoporosis. He knew I haqd Baarett'sSDisease for about 20 years.  The med would have caused bleeding ulcers and thus my early dimise. He apologize for his error twic to we.. Keep searching for a doctor that will help you. Do not give up.

• Posted

This is the beauty of this site!  Ordinary people with extraordinary problems that can be best understood by ordinary people who know what this is like to go through.  What is wrong with this so called 1st rate rich country to ignore mental health to the detriment of most mental health sufferers!  If locking us up is the best they can do then what is the point in speaking to any health professional - it makes you wonder if they need help?  We won't let you give up, will you allow you to give up?  Don't.  If you do the health professionals will have won!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.