Rotator cuff tear

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 60 year old male who had an accident resulting in a rotator cuff tear.  This happened whilst I was carrying a table from a lock up when my foot became trapped in a hole and i fell and hit my arm and head on the table whilst my foot was still in the hole.  I am 5ft 8" and weigh approximately 14st.  Prior to this accident I had no problems with my arm whatsoever I have had a medical report compiled through my solicitor who believes that I could have made a pre existing asymptomatic rotator cuff tear symptomatic or that I made an existing small tear into a bigger symptomatic tear or tendon constitutional predisposed the tearing, but minimal trauma, progressing into a rotator cuff tear.

I don't believe that this is a strong medical report acting in my favour and am therefore seeking a further professional opinion to clarify that the accident was the cause of the rotator cuff tear that I sustained.  I am willing to pay for a report should the need arise.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephen, I am not a professional! ! I am someone that recently underwent surgery for a rotator cuff tear, after a spill I took on the ice. I didn't land on my arm, but my butt!! However, because of this fall, it's believed I also tore my rc which was proven to be arthritic, and no prior symptoms. So, it is possible. You would need MRI for further proof I believe. Find a good orthopedic surgeon who can advise. If he specializes in shoulders, so much the better. Good luck.

• Posted

Stephen-- I do wish I was in a predicament to offer you

some guidance or wat next for your pain, however, I am not

qualified advise anyone on anything. My situation is a complete

tear all the way through the rotator cuff area and I am looking

for someone who can do the reverse shoulder repair. Not what

you need

• Posted

Hi Bago, so sorry for your tear. Shoulders are a very long healing and recovery process. I wish you very good luck and success in getting this repaired and healed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.