Rotator cuff work injury return to work

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I had a RT injury at work no tear but now have wear & tear of the joint.

When can I start lifting above the shoulder again part of the job ?

Thank's for any advice.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi brian

What kind of wear and tear on the joint? Is it something that can be helped by physio?

Difficult to say when you can return to work. My view if you are seeing a physio take their advice find they are more realistic than GP.

Sorry can't be more helpful, maybe someone else can give a better answer.

Good luck

christine

• Posted

I would discuss that with an orthopedist. Find out the best therapy for your healing. Shoulders can take a long time to heal depending on the problem. It may be all you need is rest and icing. But, shoulders aren't anything to mess with. Best wishes. Let us know how you are doing.

• Posted

Hiya Brian.  My advice would be please dont rush into lifting above your shoulder.  I had a fall in work 12 months ago which caused me to tear the tendons in my shoulder and my collar bone was knocked out of place slightly.  I was off work for 6 weeks. I went back and was put on full duties.After 3 weeks my shoulder gave way and the pain was un bearable. I have been unable to perform my job and 12 months later im still in constant pain.  I am due to have some cortisone shots next week and hope that this will ease my pain. I totaly agree with Richella...shoulders aint anything to mess with. Please take care in your recovery. 
  • Posted

Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it.

Seen the consultant again and he asked how I'm doing, mentioned the pain at both sides of my shoulder.

My main concern was my shoulder clicks which causes pain but occasionally it feels like it locks and the pain is unbearable, so he's sending me for a CT scan.

Has anyone experienced this type of pain before ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.