round red patch on hand for weeks

Posted , 12 users are following.

i have had a round red patch on my right hand for weeks. i also have another patch on one of my fingers on the same hand. i need to know what this is. thanks

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It looks like eczema,  is it itchy?

Ask your GP or a Pharmacist.  It looks very dry, so an emollient or any hand cream would help.  Have a look at the following page    

https://patient.info/health/moisturisers-emollients-for-eczema

Hope this helps.

• Posted

thanks for replying! no it is not itchy. i have been moisturising it daily but it doesnt seem to be doing anything. thanks for the link, i think i will have to book an appointment with my doctor. 
  • Posted

Hi there. Could be hives/urticaria. I had this in 2012 for a few months on much of my body. It happened slowly and was itchy, but a prescribed antihistamine got rid of it for me. Not had it since. However, get it checked by your Dr. in case it's not this.
    • Posted

i hope it isnt hives. seen it before and its nasty. i will book an appointment smile
  • Posted

It seems that you are going to take the good advice you have been given and are going to make an appointment to see your doctor. I guess that the condition is likely to be relatively trivial and will respond to a topical treatment. Don't let your doctor fob you off with faux reassurance and no treatment. It could be labelled as dermatitis and it might be caused by a reaction to cleaning materials for example. Consider making a list of the products you come in contact with as this might offer some clues as to the causes of the condition.
  • Posted

Can you tell us what ever happened? I have a similar looking had dry patch. 
    • Posted

Did you ever find out what it was? I have the same thing

• Posted

Like jon84622 below, I would like to know what happened -- I, too, have a red spot in almost exactly the same place as yours, and it looks very similar to the picture you posted.
    • Posted

what ever happend to your hand? what was it? i have the same red spot near my thumb 😕

• Posted

would be nice if the original poster could update this, providing they are well? they asked for advice, they were given advice but didnt update to let others know the result? i have the same thing and so it seems do other people, so an update would be nice.....

• Posted

Do you have an update? I have the same spot on my left hand. My dermatologist has treated it with 2 different creams, but no luck so far.

• Posted

I think i found it! If you look at images online of "ringworm" it is a fungal infection that requires antifungal things. If you look at the images tab then yo will see an image similar to what I assume you have.

• Posted

i have the same thing and it seems others do too so if you figured it out please let us know assuming you are able to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.