Rozzeron10

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have psor.Arth. in the knees,hands,feet,and neck.

My medication was stopped because of a heart condition so I can only use pain killers,so after twenty years the medication the gave me some relief stopped.

My problem now is the pain in my neck has radiated all over my head ,ears and face,and you can feel the Psoriasis under the skin.

This will be the third winter where this pain is relentless and lasts

untill Spring.

Also severe sweats on the head and neck.

Any ideas please.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, poor you!

Surely your rhuemy can offer something that doesn't contraindicate with your heart? There are so many DMARDs & biological med available. What were you using to control your PsA?

• Posted

Hi

I took Diafenc 300mg slow release capsules.

I also have Thyroid disjunction,CFS,Chronic Kidney disease,so I am unable to use a number of medication because of this.

The Consultants just blame other illnesses for the lack of options.

Its the never ending pains in the head that is getting me down,and tramadol or tramacet are all I can use.

• Posted

Hi Roz, gosh how difficult it must be to manage your conditions! Diclofenic is an anti inflammatory med. What about Disease Modifying Anti Rheumatic Drug (DMARDs )? I understand that it must be difficult with so many complications. Have you asked for a 2nd opinion? Perhaps a referral to one of the large teaching hospitals. I live in the NW and despite much effort by my local dermatologist my psoriasis could not be managed, it was just getting worse and worse. I discussed with my GP and he agreed to refer me to a large university hospital. A complete change of treatment was introduced and my psoriasis cleared completely in 6-8 months. Okay it was a 20 mile round trip but I was desperate - you will understand me absolutely. 😔.

thank you, Lucy, for the rosehip suggestion, I will certainly buy some - I loved it as a child!

Roz, I wish I could be more help to you, please think seriously about that 2nd opinion, also contact PAPAA for some advice and support. Best wishes.

• Posted

Sorry Roz, 2 stupid errors - the large uni hsptl was in NE and it was a 200 miles round trip NOT 20! Oops, I need a caffeine boost!!
    • Posted

No point having these things if we can't share solutions - at least something positive comes out of it!  If you found my post helpful, please click the vote button - it helps me to know which info is useful.  Thanks
    • Posted

Hi Lucy,

do you just click it next to the little heart? Sorry, I'm a dinosaur!

• Posted

There's hope:

Are you taking rosehip (NHS choices says that it is 90% better than painkillers).  I've been taking if for some years now - I gradually reduce the dose from 2 capsules 3x per day and when it flares up I increase the dose again.

For the psoriasis you could try probiotics - there are a number out there.  The NHS reports the best evidence in the pharmaceutical grade products such as Pharma Nord bioculture - but check with Holland & Barratt or a qualified nutritionist.

You could also try acupuncture (this is now available on the NHS - you just need to ask for it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.