Ruputre Achillies

Posted , 3 users are following.

I ruptured my right Achilles tendon on 6/13/16 (2 cm rupture). My 2 doctor recommended to get surgery after they are seeing the X-ray and MRI. It is been a week my swelling getting better and no pain and i standing good with my toe. I belived in science, mother nature and my body. Should i still get the surgery?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Everyone is different

I ruptured mine on 1st may this year 5mm gap.

I opted to not have the operation, 4 weeks in a cast, 2 weeks in aircast with 2 wedges then roughly a week in a boot with no wedges.

7 weeks on and Iam now walking without a boot and majority of the time with out crutches.

Everyone is different though

• Posted

That is very good Max. Thank you for your advice. I am pray to God's each night hope I can recover without surgery.
  • Posted

That's a tough one Jimmy but as Max said everyone is different and so are the injuries and circumstances. Sounds like Max is having a great recovery. I have extreme achilles tendonitis and strain but no rupture. Therapy is working for me albeit a little slower than I'd like but that is part of the mental process. Stick with you're faith perspective and it will guide you.
    • Posted

thank you Andy, As right now I have to think positive and let my body do the work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.