Saffron Cure for Tinnitus?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I tried Saffron for a week and it completely cured my tinnitus. It might not work for everyone but no harm in trying out.

Procedure:

1. Take a pinch of saffron (not the extract) but the actual dried flower.

2. Soak it in warm milk (1/2 cup) for 10-20 mins. You can also add sugar and cardamom for taste but this is optional.

3. Drink it every day in the morning.

==================

FAQ:

1. Where do you get the Saffron? - You can get this is any Asian grocery store. 

2. It is pretty expensive isnt it? - Not really. I paid $15 for a small box.

3. Are there any studies showing this as a cure? I am not aware of it.

4. What was the cause of your tinnitus? - I believe it was due to the exposure of loud noise and that i was close to it all the time since I was part of the marching band.

5. how bad was your t , - It was horrible. I went to many doctors and they could not help. I started wearing expensive ear plugs but still no relief

6. for how long did you have t , - For 3 months

7. for how long did you take saffron before you felt it was working, - Took it for just a week. But it might take longer for someone.

8. why did you try Saffron ? - Here's why I think Saffron worked. I tried saffron becoz I knew it was a nerve relaxer that was used in old days. I also felt that tinnitus must be related to stress in nerves ending in the ear. 

Pls try and let me know if this works for you,

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This is good information.  A word of warning though.  Some causes, like Meniere's Disease, can go away on its own sometimes.  The possibility of coincidence needs to be kept in mind.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Is this tumeric? I just read on another forum turmeric is useful as well also needs to be mixed with milk. I think yours just went away but im up to try anything.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa67

Just joined this forum and like everyone on hear looking for that magical cure , did you try the tumeric

Or saffron has it eased your tinnitus

Thanks Gary

• Posted

Hi there. I have been suffering from terrible tinnitus 24/7 for years. I am also 80% permanently deaf due to a virus 18 months ago. So e days i feel like death is a good option, as I never have any relief. I am self medicating to try and sleep at night. I am desperate. Has anyo e else tried the saffron and milk combo? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.