Savella do the side effects lessen?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just started taking Savella for unexplained pain in hands and feet. Doc thinks it might be the fibromyalgia I was diagnosed with. I've taken many different meds that either do nothing or I cannot tolerate the side effects. So far, I've had horrible nausea. Does this lessen with time? Do the hot flashes also lessen? And now after upping the dose I have horrible ringing in my right ear. Do these go away? It seems to be helping my pain, I've been taking less pain meds.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sorry you have fM. I hope the ringing goes away. Check the side effect of the med. I have been on meds that I have stopped due to side effects even though they helped.

finding the right one is the ticket. Good luck

• Posted

Yes they are known side effects, I am just trying to see if anyone has had any experience with it and what to expect.
  • Posted

Hi Annie

I have never heard of these are they really good for pain x

• Posted

My doc said it's a new med specifically for fibro. So far it's helped some, but I haven't titrated up to the full dose yet. I'm hoping the side effects lessen because if not, this one will go in the pile with the half a dozen or more I've already tried.

• Posted

Hi Annie. Are you in menopause yet? That could be the reason for the flashes. I was on probiotics one time and they gave me horrible hot flashes also.
    • Posted

I've been talking meds for menopause. Hot flashes is a known side effect of Savella, and it's magnified now. I just want some one that's taken it to give me their experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.