scar stinging

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 11 weeks and last couple of days felt the scar stinging I think I pulled it whilst looking at a jeep Cherokee on its test drive

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've had this on and off, lots of high sensitivity .  Was shown how to do deep tissue massage to help with this by physio.
  • Posted

I'll echo Georgie, I also got mad itching but not just on the surface. I suppose there is much more cut during the op than we give credit for.
  • Posted

Hi Marilyn -

cheesygrin you are describing my tire track !!!! funny feeling isn't it ... and sometimes it really hurts - more than in the beginning - - 

I diligently massage Bio Oil on it, but somehow it doesn;t help with this stinging - My Physical Therapist deep massaged it - apparently underlying tissue was sticking together (must be a correct medical term for this) - 

it is getting better and I try to deep-tissue massage it myself -

my scar also makes a dent - upside down (sad) smiley face -

be good today and have a lovely weekend

warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi M

Yes.  Exact same here. It's maddening. Am 10 weeks. and - I still get the same with scar from earlier op in October!

Like others, am trying my best with deep massage. I found Bio Oil not for me and professionals have told me it's no good. More differing opinions 😝. 

I just need something richer. 

Have wondered, too, whether putting on weight might make it worse ie stretching the skin and underneath things 😳. Not that I have, much, am 6.5 stones. (90lbs?)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.