Scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

My daughter has had a thick looking neck for over a year. Our doctor noticed it a while ago and this week she's had an ultrasound. The radiographer said there was a problem which our doctor will discuss with us, but we weren't to worry as it wasn't serious. Now I'm fretting before we get to see the doctor. She is 18 years old.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear Kim

Waiting, that is the problem.

Waiting to see the dr to discuss the findings.

I assume that you will try to get an urgent appointment with the dr in order to get peace of mind etc.

However the radiographer said that it was nothing to worry about and wasn't serious.

I do not think that he or she would have said anything along those lines were it not the truth.

Just push for a quick appointment as worrying is not good for anyone.

Take care

Jean

• Posted

I'm afraid I can't help Kim but if the radiographer says don't worry, then I wouldn't.  She'll be alright.  Alan.
  • Posted

She got her results. She has a goitre. She's seeing an endocrinologist next week. She's only 18. Isn't that young to have that ? The Dr said she's not referring her as an urgent case as she doesn't feel it's urgent. But we are seeing someone privately as I want this sorted out. Does anyone know what they will do ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.