Scared about Crohn's or colitis.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there. I am a 22 year old female. And any help given I would be grateful. For.

It all started April this year when I had some pan pain in my right side. My GP sent me to hospital because he thought it was appendicitis. Which it wasn't I was discahared the next day. But since them I've not been right. I feel tired all the time havin regular naps though the day, feeling sick, don't want to eat, bloody mucus, feeling the need to go to the toilet all the time and a rest bad stomach ache all the time. I went to the doctors a few weeks back and he suspects IBD. But I was like I don't have all the symtoms? Is anyone else the same? Been diagnosed with Crohn's with little or no symtoms. Thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ginabryan . I have most of your symptoms but no blood thanks God. I started having a bad pain lower abdomen which later moved up( upper abdomen) which stopped me from eating, giving me the worst pain ever, now its mostly in right side under rib cage and it's present all the time. Did all tests, CT, n everything was ok . I did trst on H pylori bacteria and it came back positive. My doctor wants me to wait for 2 weeks than to do another test before she puts me on antibiotics . Im 27 and I had healthy life( never smooked or drink , loved veggies n fruit and exercised regulary).

• Posted

Moment....how again were you diagnosed with Crohn's?

Without colonoscopy?

Without calprotectin in stool?

Just by symptoms? Or by giving Crohn medication and found helpful?

There is a huge gap in the patient history or is it usual to hand out a Crohn's diagnose by symptoms only?

Have you been tested for all kinds of parasites?

• Posted

I haven't been diagnosed yet. I go for a colonoscopy in a few weeks. Just wanted to know if anyone had been diagnosed with Crohn's/colitis with little symtoms.

• Posted

ah, I someone else had been diagnosed with IBD with similar symptoms.

I don't think so without colonoscopy.

But let's see.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Gina. another good test to do would be a faecal calprotectin test which tests for inflammation in your stools. it is very accurate at pointing towards either ibs or ibd. you could ask your doc to arrange this asap whilst waiting for your colonoscopy. you do sound like you actually have ALOT of symptoms of either colitis or crohns (ibd). x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.