Scared....any advice?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. new here. so, long story, but about a year ago I had some pain inside my vagina on the right side. my doctor said it could be herpes....which shocked me, because I've been with the same man for 10 years and have never had an issue before. the swab came back as negative. Fast forward to about a week ago....I had that same pain, but this time on the left side....sorry if this is tmi but I thought my boyfriend had cut me with his fingers, as he was being very aggressive and it hurt. the pain persisted and about 5 days later, 2 bumps appeared on my upper inner thigh...kind of along my panty line. and then one more on the outer labia. I went to the doctor immediately (a different doctor this time) she said she's about 50/50 on identifying this as herpes and didn't even want to prescribe me medication until the results came back. but, honestly what else could this be???? I'm absolutely devastated. my boyfriend will think I've cheated and I havent!!! he has no symptoms whatsoever. I'm also a mom and I'm terrified to even hug my little girl, for fear of passing this on to her. I hate myself right now. I am utterly ashamed :*(

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do not be afraid to touch your daughter unless you have just touched the area.. as in just went to the rest room or scratched ect. This isn't something that u are gonna pass to someone if u touch them. There is alot of stigma with this virus and honestly it's not THAT big of a deal. Yes it sucks we have this but it's something u will come to terms with and life will go on.

• Posted

I am in the same boat. I am so scared of passing it to my children and their lives being ruined. I am very cautious now. But my daughter always wants to use my makeup or chapstick. I tell her to go get her own but sometimes she don't listen. But I've never ever had a sore on my mouth ever. I am having same feelings you are though and very confused

• Posted

First off you shouldn't be ashamed herpes is more common now then ever it's easily transferred now worried you should be but fear not. If his nails where long it's possible for him to hurt you especially while being aggressive. For everyone them bumps are different. If they itch DO NOT scratch. If you do in fact have them you want to avoid touching them. Warm water while washing keep your hands clean. You're still a mother and can hug your child just with clean hands. smile Now you wait on the results either way it goes you did nothing wrong so it's not you. Keep your head up

• Posted

Well, I received my results today. Positive for HSV type 1. I'm devastated. I don't know how to deal with this information. My boyfriend has never had a cold sore. How could this be? And why would it just show up now....we've been together for years.

• Posted

Sometimes the virus is dormant. You shouldn't think you've done something wrong. It is what it is.

Stay informed & keep true to yourself ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.