Scared I have ovarian cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been bleeding almost constantly for 8 months, with only 2/3 days break, it only recently occurred to me that this could be bad news. I went to the doctors who have done several blood tests that I'm now waiting for the result of. I have constant lower back ache and period pains, my moods are high and low and I'm really tired all the time. I've looked into symptoms of ovarian cancer and I seem to have all the common symptoms. My bowls go from being constipated to diarrhoea all the time and I have a patch of very itchy sore area on my vagina and around my bum. I have palpitations sometimes and I just feel like something is wrong. I'm worried that if there is something wrong that it's in advance stages because I have had endometriosis in the past and a lot of these symptoms a long time 😞

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi how old are you? i had the same symptoms as you last year i had lots of tests and all came back negative for cancer. i was then given norethisteron to stop the bleeding which did and then after a month i cut it down to one a day then none i bleed for nine days heavy then nothing anymore since november. im 47 and going through the menoporse, i bleed like you did for seven months till the norethisterone stoped it.
    • Posted

That is reassuring to know. I'm 38, I've had endometriosis in the past. What was your diagnosis?

Thanks for the reply xx

• Posted

hi they said my womb lining was at 15 and i had some cysts they took biopsys and checked around said not cancer. i was worried like you. im still worried as i just feel so tierd all day and if i only do short walks im so tierd and i ach. im not bleeding at all now but still get pains like im going to, and some times when i strain fir a poo il bleed a tiny bit. my stomack is blated but they said no cancer so il just have to put up with it as they didnt offer to do anything else unless i carried on bleeding. when i was 38 my periods were ok i had rwins at 39.  im 48 in july. but iv read some women start perimenopoase early. also iv got a freind who bled like you she had fibroids and endometriosis, she had womb taken out. but iv read of loads bleeding for long times. dont worry untill you know you have somthing as im a worrier and always think im dieing of somthing and its never bin anything bad. i even had a tumor last summer removed called glomas tumor from my middle ear and im still here.hope you will be ok and its only perimeno symptoms.
  • Posted

i also got thrush alot when my meno symptoms started and i get palpitations and mood swiings. i also get sweats alot but not hot flushes just sweat like crazy but not every day.i also got very dry down below in the begining it was sore then it went back to normal. my homones are alover the place  and my bodys messed up, i even have high blood presure now and weight gain round middle all just cos of meno.i get back ach alot to. so hopfully ypu ok if thats any help lol.let me know how you get on. i did start my meno symptoms thoe when i was around 40 and i was havi g periods that lasted for over two weeks at times and also slight blood for long periods and bleed when havi g sex i thought i had cancer was ready to die and everything gosh till it all stoped and went back to normal lol. then it just kept changi g from light to heavy and then normal so its been happening for a long time just gradualy going up and down.

go on menoporse forum see if anyone your age having your problems

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.