Scared. Please somebody, help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I was going through this phase of anxiety like I usually get and I started taking Xanax because it got really bad. I was crying, anxious, scared. I slowly started calming down with the Xanax and realizing, hey Myrissa. This is just your anxiety doing this you get over it every time. So I stopped taking the Xanax. Well now, I'm over what I was anxious about but now I feel off. My mind is foggy. I'm extremely depressed, I have this change in perception. I feel trapped in my mind. I feel like I don't look forward to anything anymore, I'm nauseous, headaches, all of it. I don't know what to do. I want to go back to my normal, happy self. This has never happened to me before. I don't want my life to be like this forever.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Myrissa,

I understand how you feel.im feeling exactly the same way as you right now..im always anxious about my health..until now i cant figure out why i become like this..i use to be a normal person..i grow up as a healthy child and was happily enjoying my life as a 23 years old young mom..i've heard of a news of a young guy died of heart attack and got very disturbed by it..i kept thinking it could be me..then i had my first panic attack 6 months ago and i thought heart attack..and ever since then im foxated with that thought i live my life like thinking im sick all the time..i have chest cramps and fatigue everyday..i look at everything in life as a problem..even normal bowel movement i look at it as a sickness..i loss appetite and interest in alot of things..now everytime i just feel like crying as if im dying..i look my son's face and i feel devastated as my mind keep thinking im dying and he will grow up without a mom..i have hair fall alot due to stress..i went for blood test and urine test tyroid everything came clear and i went for 2 ecgs and numerous docs checked my blood pressure heart rate and sound of it but they all day it was perfectly fine..i feel very low always..like why i cant believe what the doc says..why i keep on having my doubts about my health..im religious so i pray to god to give me the chance to raise my son up..thats all i want..

• Posted

When you are a hypochondriac there really is no reassurance we can get because our mind is constantly telling us something is wrong and then we freak out. Have you tried therapy? I'm starting therapy tomorrow. I might have to be put back on meds, but I'd like to avoid it as long as possible. I am religious too and have been praying for the strength to get past this. I hope you get better too, for you and your son. Your son should give you the strength to move on. Just remember that the mind is powerful, it can make almost anything feel like it's becoming real.
  • Posted

Did you just quit xanex cold turkey?Had you ben taking it regularly for awhile.If so I do believe you have to taper off the drug or you can get some withdrawal symptoms. Best to check with your doctor
    • Posted

I was only taking it for 4 days, I don't think it's long enough to get a withdrawal. rolleyes
  • Posted

Its sounds like depression most defiantly, I also had all these symptoms, trapped in my mind, anxiety constant and fog, I even felt suicidal, I'm on antidepressants now, and the fog has lifted, the anxiety has calmed a lot, I still have a racing mind, and I don't sleep much. But its,still early days for me!

Plz go back to your Dr and get some help!

Its not an easy road, but you will get better slowly. Xx

• Posted

I think I have figured out what's wrong. I do indeed have a hormonal imbalance and was put on birth control, ever since then my anxiety has worsened and I have experienced depression for the first time. I'm think the. Or the control is causing these bad panic attacks, never had them like this.
    • Posted

I've often thought that about my self, I have mirena coil, and it came to the end of 5years back in may, I started to see a change in September, just very very tired and lazy, bit down. Got prescribed citalopram, took one had the worst panic attack ever, obviously I did not take anymore! But constant anxiety lasted weeks over a month, stopped eating, lost weight, and then deeep depression set in, had to do something, in on sertraline now 3 weeks in 50mg, I'm not better yet, but I'm eating and not so much anxiety. You really should go back to the Dr hun.

Best of luck x

• Posted

Hi, Myriss:  I think you probably got off your Xanax too quickly, or perhaps you will need it a bit longer.  I've been on it for 35 years, and I don't ever plan on getting off it.  I was born with anxiety, and I would rather get addicted to something that helps than to live in a state of panic all the time.  I always felt like I had cobwebs in my brain...I take a combination of antidepressants and antianxiety...Please ask your doctor...you, most likely, have a chemical imbalance in your brain...Hope this helps, sweetie....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.