Scary Heart palpitations. 'Just' Anxiety or imminent death?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just that really... been having heart palps for a few months now. They come and go today though, they're really giving it some! I am anxious as I've got a busy/stressful few days ahead.

I'm so fed up of worrying about my health. I'm 35 yo female, don't smoke or drink, but I don't exercise or eat particularly healthily either.

I was prescribed propranolol(I took 10mg about 30 mins ago-I'm terrified of medication!)

I had an ecg about 6 weeks ago which came back normal. I sometimes feel like I can't breathe, even though I AM breathing. Honestly, if I didn't have my beautiful children, I'd have given up months ago.

My 'health anxiety'(which I'm obviously not convinced that's all it is) started up about 18 months ago when I lost my dad to cancer.

I suppose I'm looking for some reassurance that I'm not dying...

sorry for being a wimp!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No need to apologize. I and many other people on this forum are going through the exact same thing. Mine have gone on for years now. I've gotten ever test and have been assured again and again that I'm fine, but I just can't convince myself of it. Sometimes I feel like giving up too but it seems like right when I start to feel that way, the symptoms ease up for a while. I wish you the best and am so sorry you're having to deal with these things. I'm scared too. Afraid for my healt and afraid that I'll never be able to truly live a normal life. Free free to message me if you need someone to chat with. Be well.

• Posted

Hi,

These palpitations are harmless and with a normal ECG then you should not worry. We all have had stressful situations and the body reacts like that, palpitations, higher blood pressure, sick, headackes etc. 

• Posted

Believe the ECG, sort out your diet and start walking with someone. Someone with you will give you more confidence or better still get a dog then you will have to go out. 
  • Posted

Speaking from experience, I sympathize with you. I can only say,

1. Listen to your doctor

2. Look at your diet, if I have takeaway more than once a week, my anxiety increases. Refined foods are my worst enemy.

3. Go caffeine free, its not only in your coffee but black teas and chocolate .

4, take time to meditate and breathe , make sure you get enough sleep.

It's great to given advice but important to follow. .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.