scary new symptom. what should i do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For years i have suffered with anxiety and depression. Recently i have developed a new and worsening symptom.

When my anxiety acts up i start to feel like a pressure is building under my skin. Physically painful and very agitating. Like i am getting swollen and my skin is becoming tight. It makes me want to lash out and harm myself. It makes self harm feel like the only way to relieve the pain. Its impending my life. And I hurt from head to toe. This feeling lasts until well after the bout of depression and anxiety passes.

Does anyone else experience this? What should i do to help myself?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What you shouldn't do...is harm yourself...it will only hurt worse and then cause deeper depression and guilt.

​See a Dr...and tell them what is going on....Are you on medication?

• Posted

I understand that. And I'm trying really hard to embrace this without causing further harm to myself. But my doctor doesn't believe me. He keeps telling me this isn't a symptom of my anxiety but something physical and he keeps insisting on tests and MARis. And they all reveal nothing. But i know they will because its my body and i know what i am experincing
  • Posted

If you continue to self harm you could end up with a nasty infection like I did which almost killed me a few months ago so pls take care of yourself for your own sake.

rich

• Posted

Hi there, it sounds like your symptoms could be side effects.  Have you just started a new medication?  Do get to your doctor and see if he can put his finger on it.  Hope you get some relief from those symptoms.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.