schizophrenia

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am having bipolar 2 and depression under medication for the last 17 years. Some times i feel i become schizophrenia that type of negative thought. I really want to share like me others thought like that, or anyone say there people happned like that can say. Now i am 50 i scared of my illness. That is the reason i am asking.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't agree with the fact that there are different types of Bipolar i.e. 1,2 etc. I just have Bipolar and that's all there is too it. If you have a good doctor then they will or should review your medication every 3 months as mine does. It is very important that the right medication is found for people but because we are all different this can take several attempts because what suits one doesn't necessarily suit another. Once you are diagnosed you have to accept that you are always going to have Bipolar. I was first diagnosed in my forties and I am now 62. If you met me for the first time there is nothing that would give you a clue that I suffer from bipolar disorder.  You can live a normal life with the right medication. The person you shoud share your thoughts with is your doctor. It maybe that your medication needs changing, Don't be scared just get help.
    • Posted

thanks for sharing ur experience. I had negative thoughts, in that one of that i posted. thanks for ur help.
  • Posted

Gwen has pretty much hit the nail on the head. There isn't a great deal that I can add to it. You need to talk this through with your doctor.
  • Posted

I'm with Gwen. It's  a spectrum. Assigning different names to things may help health care professionals differentiate between symptons though and this might, and I say might because I do not have data to prove anything, assist in treatment modality choice. .

I've had perception and communication issues for nearly 40 years. My current DSM code didn't even exist when it all started and it wasn't assigned for much of the time I've been under (very sporadic) treatment. I've only been depressed a couple of times in my life when I was medication free. I'm pretty much unipolar manic in addition to my main diagnosis or maybe ... In any case, unipolar mania has never been given its own code in the DSM.I just read that ICD-10 has included “recurrent mania NOS” into the “other bipolar affective disorders” categories. It took 115 years to get added to "other". It should not be surprising that the very exisitence of main Dx, schizoaffective disorder" as a unique and separable mental healt issue. is controversial. I don't really care all that much - intil this latest Rx I've never found anything that works any better than not taking medication so I've managed to leave a trail of destruction in my wake at times. It isn't what they call it, or where they place its description in a book that is important. What's important is what can be done to ease the life of the afflicted or people whose lifes are affected by them. 

• Posted

I was diagnosed with schitzoaffective bipolar and depressive types 2 years ago but have had this for15 years with many diagnoses before my last one. Im 37 years old and i hadnt had a full blown manic episode until today. I had 4 seperate ones in the last 12 hours

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.