sedation?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had an examination a few months ago but he couldn't go far because I was in so much discomfort. They found piles which they are going to band but haven't properly loozed into the bowel because of the discomfort. I'm hoping the blood on toilet tissue is due to the piles

This time in having sedation. Will this knock me out completely or will I be awake during the procedure ?? WI'll I be able to feel anything during sedation

Thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Martin , I had sedation which makes you

spaced out a bit , you know what's happening but it doesn't worry you so much , I didn't feel any thing till half way through and yes it hurt and I told him to stop he gave me more sedation so he could carry on and then it was over ,the sedation doesn't make you sleep but changes your time and perception of what's happening. , defiantly have it ,I couldn't do it with out ,good luck 

• Posted

Hello martin00254

You could ask for an injection i think which they call a premed if you are that nervous before you have the sedation which is suppose to keep you awake but in my case it put me to sleep and i never felt a thing. I hope this helps you and you dont have to much pain or maybe not feel anything!! Good Luck.smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.