Self harm can anyone help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've done something really stupid! 😞 

Never done this before and never even crossed my mind, been drinking tonight which probably hasn't helped but was was just so frustrated so I cut myself, I don't think it's that bad but please someone tell me they won't scar? I know it's Really stupid! Please Don't ask me why I did because I don't know x 

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

where did  you cut yourself and are you bleeding heavily.

Richard

• Posted

Just on my arm a few times, it's bleeding a lot but i did it with a razor blade so i think that's why they're bleeding a lot 
  • Posted

Oh Hun. I'm so sorry you felt so low that you felt the need to do this. You must be going through such a ordeal. Nobody will ask questions that you don't feel you have the answer to.

If the wound isn't too deep then it probably won't scar. 

Why don't you put a elastic band on your wrist on days you are feeling a little on edge or vulnerable. Sometimes pinging on the band can distract us from a thought that was maybe a little distressing. Some people find the snapping sound and the little sting is enough to stop the action of self harm.

Please don't worry. If the wound is deep them I must advise that you go to A+E.

Don't suffer alone. We all feel frustration and fear with depression/anxiety and we all have coping mechanisms. Harming yourself was done out of frustration to distract yourself from the pain in your head.

You don't need me to tell you not to do it again as the fact you posted here means you know that it was the wrong thing yo do.

We are here for you sugar. Don't ever think you have to be alone with your thoughts and feelings because we are here and we understand xx

• Posted

I did the first cut with scissors then the others with a razor blade, the first is quite deep I think but I don't think I need to go to get it checked out I just don't want them to scar don't want people to see them especially my children, it was so stupid to do it it was just out of pure frustration 😢 x
    • Posted

You should get them checked out and they may ask if you're suicidal and you can tell them no.  The fact is, you may need a tetnaus shot because you used "dirty" stuff to do this with.  Scissors can be extremly dirty...please go and get a shot.  You may be worried about them thinking you're suicidal and will "lock" you up for it.  Just tell them what you've told us and reassure them you're not suicidal and they will give you the shot and send you on your way.  If you were suicidal, why would you go and get a tetnaus shot, you wouldn't care, right?  So there alone should prove to you that you'll get the shot and they'll send you on your way.

Good luck,

Frustrated

• Posted

when next you see your doctor Dondons ask about covermark it is a camoflage cosmetic used to help people like us after all these years I still use in summer, but please get some help I can  guess where you are at the moment.  

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I would get a medical opinion if it does not stop bleeding in say 10 minutes.  Phone an ambulance and get it dressed.  i say this because you may have cut a vein or artery.

Richard

• Posted

I can't do that I have children Asleep, I will have to answer all sorts of questions I don't really know the answer to and I don't want anyone thinking I'm not a good/capable mum cos I am it's just a blip that's all,

Thank you for your reply and advice though x 

• Posted

Hi Don ~

Because you don't know why you did this is the exact reason why you need to address it.  If you're not bleeding heavily and it can heal on it's own, I'd set up an appt with either your GP or a psych doc to determine your situation.  You could suffer from severe depression even though you may not feel depressed, it still is a possibility.

Also, with self cutting you run the chance of contracting HepC from dirty items you cut yourself with.  You do not want to contract HepC!!!  So with all this said and with what the other's said, seek some help.  Even if it's an isolate situation.  It could lead to many more in the future.  You need to find out the reasons why you're doing this destructive act.

Warm regards,

Frustrated

• Posted

Hi, I do suffer from depression I have for a long time but this is the first time I've cut myself, I was just feeling really frustrated and angry with myself I think that's why I did it in not sure it was a stupid thing to do and I'm really not condoning it but it has diverted my thoughts elsewhere now which without sounding really sadistic.. isn't all that bad.

The bleeding is slowing now I'm sure Itll be ok, thank you for your reply and concern though x 

• Posted

Just try and not do this again.  Like I said, even if  you think your item is clean, all it takes is a speck that you cannot see that would warrent Hep C.  Check this out in google if you don't know exactly what it means...it isn't a fun thing to go through and it can make you so terribly sick.  You should stay in this forum to get a distraction from your depression as many are suffering from it as well and you'll find that posting on this site will help you in many ways, such as the distractions.

Good luck

Frustrated

• Posted

I agree with what has previously been said wholeheartedly.. do you suffer from low moods often, and have you seen your doctor for help and advice !! Do not feel any kind of shame or guilt for what you have done, believe you me I have done a wide and varied array of silly things, I am grateful that I had untold loving support and I came out the other side...

Please, please talk to someone about how you feel, also there a very many decentpeople on here who will show nothing but support and kindness.... ( keep an eye on the bleeding, you must get help if it does not stop soon ) take care, sincere regards to you, Deirdre xx

• Posted

I should put some antiseptic on it and go to bed.  I'm glad you are ok you gave me a bit of a shock.

Richard

• Posted

I have nothing I can put on it, I've wrapped it up in a bandage, it's still seeping through a bit but is slowing, I'm sorry to have worried you, it's ok I'm sure, just stings a lot.

thank you x 

• Posted

I'm in bed but I don't sleep, I'm lucky to get 2-3 hours a night, if you have any advice on that I'd be more than grateful, doctors have prescribed me with all sorts but nothing works 😞 x 
    • Posted

Hi again, Don ~

I have a discussion in the "chatroom" on RELAX ~ can anyone help me with techniques...that discussion is full of good information regarding different ideas that may be of some help to you.  Check it out and see for yourself.  Post something so I know you stopped by, okay?

Thank you

Frustrated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.