Seraltine is making me worse!!!! Help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have booked app for docs which is on Friday but i just wondered if anyone else has same sort of problems with Seraltine and could poss help me having a convo with doctor and what to say to be taken seriously.

I was diagnosed with Under ative thyroid in Feb 2013 and since then have got really depressed with literally everything. One day i can be fine , the next i am constantly crying not weanting to be around etc. Anyway i was originally put on levo and also for depression citrolpram (sorry cant remember if thats correct spelling). On this i just turned into an emotional wreck. i was short with everyone and also crying every minute of the day. Went back to docs and he prescribed Seraltine and i am now on 200mg which is highest they can do.  The reason i made an app with the doctors is about a week and a half ago i stopped taking em as i was too scared to stay on them.  I turned back in to an emotional wreck where it got so bad that i had to stay in the house but the one thing it made me which scared me was violent.  If i wasnt happy with something then i couldnt control myself and i started hitting myself on my face which has caused me numeruos bruises on my face. 

I have a very loving boyfriend who is trying his best to stand by me but when im having a better day i sit back and think what the hell you still with me for. Im horrible and have a screw loose.

I know the doc is going to get angry as i have taken myself off of them but i was scared that i would do something really bad and i could not risk my life as i have a nearly teenage daughter.

I then booked app with doc but they cant fit me in till this friday.

Im still so emotional crying all the time etc and i know i wont be able to cope without any meds so i am hoping they put me on a better tablet. Ive tried counselling and that didnt work so please dont suggest that.

Since ive got really bad which is the last month i have had several different symptons:

Itchy ear

Restless leg

Urinating more often

Aggressive behaviour

severe anxiety

violent tendencies but only on myself

Please has anyone else had this or is this just me.

Help !!!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm affair we all feel worse to start with. It's not a quick job nor are they happy pills. They level your mood out well thats how I feel. I don't cry all the time anyway but I still feel low leveled sad
  • Posted

You must NEVER just stop taking an antidepressant, you have to wean off slowly or you will have a really rough time with all sorts of weird things happening to you! Sertraline is a crap drug and lots of people have had problems with it - I actually got worse and even more suicidal. Ask your doc for Fluoxetine (Prozac), it works wonders within four weeks of taking only 40mg a day, I was feeling amazing and I could feel the black cloud falling away. If you can't get there before Friday then do what I did - ring the NHS line 111 and give details of everything you've gone thru and tell them you can't wait until Friday and they will tell you to ring your doctor immediately. Tell the doc what NHS Direct have said, mine told me to see a doctor within two days and I was seen an hour later!! Upshot of that - doc sent me to hospital. This wasn't because of drugs but they have a lot of sway with surgeries. Ring NOW!!!!
  • Posted

I know I shouldn't have just come off of it but with the way I was I had to stop it before doing more harm to myself. See I had Prozac as well and that didn't agree with me either. I just don't know where to turn. I can not remember the last time I was happy. It's never happened to me since I've had these problems
    • Posted

I agree with Mad, don't just stop them....I have but I give sound advice just don't listen to my own. If your feeling the way you are then you demand to see your GP hun....they won't keep you waiting. I had most of your symptoms but I had some dizzy spells. I'm new to all this forum chat but talking to strangers on the net is a lot easier than talking to someone in person....if you need anything even just a chat then let us know.
  • Posted

Hi you need to give the sertraline time to work- around 6/7 weeks should be enough.  If you stop them suddenly you will feel 10 times worth. 

I don't agree with Madasahatter that this is a crap drug as it is the third I have tried and it works well for me.   I tried prozac first then mirtazapine neither of which worked for me.  It is usually a case of trial and error to find one that suits you.

Ring back the doctors and tell them you need an emergency appointment and can't wait until Friday.   Or just turn up and demand to see someone. 

I hope you will find an ad which works for you.  Take care.  bev x

• Posted

Thank you both for ur response. I have been on seraltine for about 5 months and the last month I have been hitting myself, biting, even picked up a knife the other day. Sometimes I am so so low but no one seems to listen. Take for instance now, I'm laying in bed as my boyf said sommen I don't like and I'm sitting here sobbing whereas before I would have been like ok whatever and that would be done. I think I'm gonna phone docs tomorrow and see if I can see someone and explain that I had to come off as I was scared I'd do myself more damage
    • Posted

I'm no doc....obviously but I would get them to see if this could be down to a chemical in balance. I know there are loads of different types, well we all know that. But I'm trying to offer some support as I don't know your history and I think that we all get hit/suffer differently regardless but it's just a thought. I too am strained...50mg. Hate relying on pills.
  • Posted

I've just done it again and now don't feel in control of n e thing. Someone please help me. A little disagreement with my boyf has turned into me punching myself in face till I bleed and taking a cold iron to myself. Please someone help me. I can't go on like this. I feel like I'm having a breakdown x
    • Posted

Right Kelli, you need this taken care of...its hard but your Bf to take to a hospital right now....this is serious. You will need to be looked at. You'll have to face upto the possibility of being kept in overnight for observation? But you really need this to be looked at....if you can't dtive/be driven then phone an ambulance.....really wish there was more I can do.
  • Posted

Hi I agree with Matt.  Get yourself to a hospital now.  Bev x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.