Serious bloating after eating

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone else suffer bad bloating since gallbladder removal, it doesn't matter what I eat I seem to feel so uncomfortable afterwards, is there any supplements I can take to help?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Oddly I have this, still with gallbladder and stones, but then I also have hiatal hernia and had h pylori treated so they  may contribute. I understand it is often due to a bacterial imbalance or lack of bile or enzymes.

?I have found probiotics to help, also charcoal capsules. Enzymes only made my stomach fizzy and painful, but others especially post op seem to derive some benefit. I'm also following a sibo protocol to try to sort out the bacterial imbalance. I will have to have my gallbladder out but I am concerned about the after effects, but I can hardly eat or function as things are. Bloating is horrible, I hope you find some solution to help you. If the surgery was recent, it may resolve over time, I have read it takes time for things to adjust.

• Posted

Thank you for your advice smile I had a very strict diet for a couple of months then decided to gradually add foods into my diet again but everytime I eat anything slightly carby or fatty I get a swollen tummy, it gets me down because I'm hardly eating anything bad yet I keep bloating all the time!

• Posted

I had gallbladder surgery about year ago and everything was fine. Now, if you have a bloating problem, I recommend you to drink peppermint tea. Not too hot and not too cold. And avoid sugar. You can drink peppermint tea few times a day and also instead of water. I hope this can help you. It was helpful for me. Wish you all the best. Cheers!
    • Posted

Thank you for your very helpful information I will try that smile I've had a pretty good diet since surgery and I've never been overweight but the bloating can be very painful

• Posted

It's possible your gut flora is off. Probiotics should help. I started taking them and vitamins immediately after my surgery and was able to eat almost whatever I wanted just 4 days after surgery (except spicy)! Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you I will try probiotics smile I'm 27 so very young apparantly to have it done, I was fine for two months but seem to be getting problems now sad

• Posted

I'm only 30 so I know how you feel! I know I feel so much better after surgery!

• Posted

I am 3 years post op and sometimes get bloating as though I look 6 months pregnant! I have tried eliminating a few things and think mine may be a reaction to potato/potato products like crisps. Reason I say that is in the last three weeks I've only eaten them 2x and at this time my stomach swells. I'm going to keep away from them and see how things are. Good luck.

• Posted

Hey Sarah. I had my surgery in august and was fine for about two weeks until I suddenly got nausea again and this weird pressure/bloating feeling after I ate. Still like that unfortunately sad. My doctor told me this is normal and that my body will take around 3-6 months to feel normal again and for all the side effects to leave. I sure hope so because it's difficult to eat while feeling nauseous all the time and the pressure makes my stomach feel full even if I ate only a little bit. Which in return makes me feel sick 😷. Does your stomach feel like this at times or no?

• Posted

Hello, for the first two months after surgery I went on a very strict diet had nothing bad at all, the weight fell off me pretty quickly, I realised I should start introducing foods again to allow my body to adjust I went on holiday and ate what I wanted but I'm now sp uncomfortable all the time always have a swollen stomach and I do feel sick alot to, I also suffer from acid reflux which is horrible! I literally feel like I'll never be able to eat normally or in moderation again as as soon as I eat anything remotely bad I swell :-(

• Posted

Have you had checks for gluten sensitivity, helicobacter pylori and small intestine bacterial overgrowth, or had the reflux investigated as these can all occur along with gallbladder issues. Gallbladder issues are linked with the liver function and this has a big impact on digestion, whether or not you have a gallbladder.

?Its a shame we have to suffer. I have not eaten proper meals for over a year now - with gallbladder  sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.