Serious side effects of co codamol

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was prescribed co codamol along with baclofen for back pain 3 days ago. On two occasions about 45 mins after taking them I've experienced severe chest and stomach pain...like a crushing feeling...thought I was taking a heart attack. Felt sick as well. This horrible scary feeling lasted for about an hour. Think it must have been co codamol. Has anyone else experienced this with co codamol.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mojimo. Answer to that is yes..although I didn't know what it was at the time. That is to say I had been taking them for awhile and didn't have it at first. After awhile it would happen on an odd occasion.

• Posted

Hi Mojimo please read the atched. It is side effectsof the Baclofen

[b]https://www.drugs.com/sfx/baclofen-side-effects[b].html

Always google what you are taking and always question your doctor if you have side effects not listed. A few years ago my doctor prescibed a couple of different drugs for my pain relief,individually they didn't produce the side effects of swelling of my hands and feet but taken together as prescribed by my GP they did. I had an argument with him over this. I never took them together again to see what happened and sure enough, no side effects. Don't always take your GPs word for things. Remember every body is different therefore none of us will ever have exactly the same side effects.

• Posted

Thanks for this. I see that abdominal and chest pain can be a side effect of both baclofen and co codamol so I've stopped both. My back pain has eased now...hopefully gone for good. The experience I had with one or both of these tablets was awful. Really felt like I was having a heart attack but because I'd taken these tablets I hoped it was just a side effect. It was horrible. Won't take either of them again. Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.