Seronegative Rhumatoid Arthritis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 22 year old female, who since September have had trouble with my joints, it started with my toes being red and swollen and really stiff for 2+hours in the morning, I later found out that I had Glandular fever, as the months past I developed pain in my fingers and wrist and still my toes, I went to GP who said it would just be the effects from the GF. By December I was in constant pain in toes , ankles , finger and wrist all swollen and red and externally stiff in the morning (like someone had poured cement in me during the night). She gave me ibrufen and told me to come back in January, I also have an enlarged cervical lymphnode, night sweat itchy hand a and feet, loss of appetite and fatigue. I hVe had all the test possible HIV lyme malaria, lupus etc I do have an underactive thyroid which I have had since I was 17 which is managed at 50mg and has been since diagnosis, my levels are find ATM.

Last week my GP prescribed naproxing 500mg twice a day for 8 days to see if it helped but unfortunately it didn't.

I hVe been back today and she has put me on 30mg prednislone for a week to see if it eases any of my symptoms. Any advice on this drug would be greatly appreciated.(does it work) Hopefully getting a Rhumatolagist appt next week.

I hope someone is able to share there experience and advice.

Thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It sounds as though your GP suspects PMR.

I was prescribed 30mgs. of Pred. after weeks of severe pain ( though not the sort you describe; mine was all muscular esp. hips and shoulders. ) The effect of the pred was almost instantaneous. Within 4 hours alll the pain was gone and thatwas taken as confirmation, along with other markers, of PMR.

I hope you get a diagnosis soon, whatever it is. 

• Posted

PS Sorry, I've just read your post again and see that you are very young. I don't think thatI've heard of anyone with PMR at your age so perhaps the pred. prescription is to see if it alleviates some of your symptoms.

• Posted

Hello,

Thank you for your help, she is suspecting that I have seronegative Rhumatoid Arthritis, it's runs in my family, we are testing to see if the prednislone will releave my symptoms, she has also mention that I may need Methotrexate but need to see the Rhumatolagist first.

I had my first dose of Pred at 16:30 yesterday and I am still suffereing rolleyes hopefully I will feel some benifits soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.