Sertraline and amitriptyline?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys

I have been all over the place with meds since im 15 ive been on lexapro, prozac, mitrazipine, seroquel, rivotril, lyrica... the list goes on. Anyway about two years ago i came off all my meds to do a treatment program(i was also using alcohol to self medicate). Since being off my meds for two years i have never been the same, ever. I totally lost who i was and i honestly have never gotten it back so the last few weeks i have resorted to the fact that even though its good to be off all meds id rather be on them and feel normal than be off them and feel horrible.

So i saw my doc as i was having migraines due to anxiety. She put me on amitriptyline. I then went back to the doctor as i was still so all over the place and couldn't leave the house and ive just been put on sertraline. Funnily enough this is a med ive never been prescribed( i tried asking for seroquel but the doc didnt even know what it was, i got prescribed that by a psychiatrist so i just gave up on ever getting that again) anyway im really hoping this works as im at my wits end honestly. Im now taking both those meds together and im not sure if thats ok. It was two different docs who prescribed them so i never asked. Does anyone know if its ok to take them together? Im only on 10mg of amit and 50mg to start with on sertraline. I would appreciate any advice or past experiences.

Thanks for reading i know it was long but havent got anyone else i can talk to about all of this.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Go to multi drug interaction checker on the net.You could also call a pharmacy and ask them
  • Posted

Hi Tiffany,

You need to ask a pharmacist at least!

Yes go on drug interacction chevker but be careful.

Why are you taking the drigs for ?

I tried sertraline for 2 days and the side effects were so horrible U ended up in AE and stopped.

Amytriptiline is more or less given to sleep now, bery efficient! But both together could be dangerous as both made me sleep soooo much separately, imagine together!!!

Just wait until the morning and ask any pharmacist, they'll be more able to help than us! Good luck! X

• Posted

Hello!

I've just started taking sertraline yesterday and I've taken ami for some time now but not every night. I took them both last night and then was feeling sick in bed. I then realised maybe I shouldn't of done that and I checked online and said that it was okay. I still felt a little sick this morning so maybe it's kust a side effect of the sertraline for me as I am funny with some tablets!

I am definitely going to contact ny doctor today a d make sure I can take both at the sane time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.