sertraline and bruising?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else experienced bruises when taking this. Week 3 and most side effects calming but I have these awful almost rash looking bruises on my legs. Anyone else or is this completely not related to the meds?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I know that you bruise more easily on sertraline. I certainly did. Not sure about 'rash', bit definitely bruised more easily. Took quite a while to disappear too.
  • Posted

Yes had bad bruising. Get bloodwork checked. That's a sign of thinning blood or bleeding easy. Also watch anti-inflamatories while on this. I stopped it. I was having bad muscle pain like flu an liver enzymes went up fr normal. Calfs muscles hurt so bad. Not for me. Going to try Cymbalta. I also have Fibromyalgia.
  • Posted

Hi there Shay, I have been using Sertraline now for 4 years. I genuinely think you need to go to the doctors again and bring up the issue over this rash. A rash is a serious side effect of sertraline which needs to be investigated. 

Recently i to have discovered that i'm bruising very easily, quite strange really. But please get checked out, i hope all goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.