Sertraline and negative thoughts

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

Does anyone know if Sirtraline couses negative thoughts or is it because of my anxitey it just im not as depressed as before but can't get rid of these negative thoughts and I think it's that what's making me feel down been on 5g for 5 weeks then 100mg for a week

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Don

what kind of negative thoughts?  

Lynda

• Posted

Thinking people think I'm useless,people are against me,people don't like me ,what if I lose my job ,people are looking at me funny ,ect
  • Posted

Did you have the thoughts before you started the medication? I have bad intrusive thoughts but it's one of the reasons I take Prozac. I got them after the depression sad they are hard to control and anxiety makes them much worse. It feels like your mind won't stop and is going crazy.
    • Posted

Yes I had them before the meds and they do make me feel like I'm going crazy what's your thoughts?
    • Posted

I have crazy thoughts. I have awful sucidial thoughts which drive me crazy because I don't want to die or do anything like that. I also have awful thoughts of hurting loved ones. I'm pregnant and I'm scared of my depression getting worse after the birth postpartum. I would never hurt anyone and I think my anxiety makes me have the thoughts because it's a fear. Anything bad that can happen I think it. Even if it's someone else hurting my loved ones.
    • Posted

I feel for you mine R bad but not that bad have u tried cbt ? How long have u had them? Does the prozac help them?
    • Posted

I started getting them after a traumatic miscarriage 2 years ago. I took Prozac and they went away within 2 months. I've been good for 2 years and then had another miscarriage and they started again about 4 months ago.
    • Posted

This time on the Prozac I have been on it four months and have my random days that upset me but for the most part it has been helping but taking longer but I'm also only taking 5 mg. what are your thoughts of?
    • Posted

Sounds like you've had a bad time it's no wonder you feel down hope all goes well for u i thought I was having a bad time but it's nothing to yours if u ever need to talk just drop me a massage it's nice to know you got rid of them before you will do it again
    • Posted

Thank you sad I hope so soon it's miserable having thoughts you don't want in your head. It makes me feel like a monster. Before I started the Prozac I took Celexa and it made them 100 x worse. I tried one pill of sertraline and it made me have a neck ache and leg aches. Did you have any of that? The doc then told me to start back the Prozac and I would probably be better if I upped it because normal dose is 20mg but I'm pregnant and I'm scared it will effect the baby so I only that 5mg
    • Posted

Mines about what people are thinking about me like do they think I'm down and depressed,can they see that I've got anxiety,do work want to get rid of me ,it's all thoughts about what other people think of me
    • Posted

When I started sertraline the first two week were realy bad then it gets a bit better then when u up its the same again but not as bad ive tried lots of ads with no luck then tried with out anything but got worse so I just stuck with it this time 5 weeks on 50mg now i

On my 7th day at 100mg still need to give it time to settle down can't wait to start thinking normal again 🙏 before I started them I couldn't sleep but sleeping a lot better now

• Posted

Many thanks 🙏 prayers to you hope all goes well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.