Sertraline and night terrors

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all.

Just curious to know if anyone has suffered night terrors on sertraline.

I've been on 50mg for 4 weeks and 1 week on 100mg.

At the same time i stopped smoking marijuana Wich I've smoked for quiet a no of years . As this started to make my anxiety worse.

I'm in my 40s and have not been sleeping well and

Been having the worst night terrors. I woke up this morning in a state of shock felt like I was in a horror movie even when I was awake.

Just curious to know if this a result of the sertraline or the result of stopping smoking or both.

Many thx Rich

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi rich a can only suggest it probably will be the increase in sertraline as when a went up from 50mg to 100mg same as you after 4 weeks a had awake horrors as in a wanted to run away from life it will pass a hope this was of some help to you wishing you well.
    • Posted

Hi John

Yes thanks. Was in a state of shock when I woke this morning . Thought I'd grown out of it 30 odd yrs ago.

I've had a few lately and decided I might write a short story as the dreams and details were so real.. Watch out Stephen King

• Posted

lol a friend of mine takes amitriptyline he said he said he had mad dreams.
  • Posted

HI I have been on 50mg for 1 week and feel sick and want to sleep all day. Also very crazy dreams. I just hope this stops son
  • Posted

HI I have been on 50mg for 1 week and feel sick and want to sleep all day. Also very crazy dreams. I just hope this stops soon
    • Posted

Many thanks for you replys. I either don't sleep at all. As in last night where I slept for 1 hr then had to get up and go to work. Or I sleep and have night terrors... Don't know which is worse. Somewhere in between would be nice.. Or just normality would be great.

I awaiting an appointment with a psychiatrist. Maybe I'll share my weird frightening dreams with them. Or there again they might just lock me up and throw away the key lol

• Posted

I hate the anxiety am feeling and also sleeping in work on my breaks rolleyes

am sure they won't lock you up but the way am feeling I want to lock myself away from everyone and everything....

• Posted

The anxiety is horrible. But it's been a bit better the last two days. I went through it 10 years ago starting fluoxetine but I got through it then so I know I will this time. I'm sure you will to. I thought I was going to have to drive my self to a hospital and lock my self away last week....😯
    • Posted

am sure we will thank you. It's good to talk with people that's going through the same thing smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.